Strange things happening in my short path

So i was wondering if anyone has come across this while running a short path. I was asked to run some purchased distillate through my short path to clean it up some. It had a funny smell but coas came up fine. At around 100micron in vacuum depth and 150c crystals started forming in the recieveing flask and right at the bottom of the condenser. I have never seen this before and the distillate is turning a pink color. I think i know why it changing color but dont know what this crystal stuff is.

5 Likes

Cbd? I really have no fucking idea…

Idk, that’s interesting…

10 Likes

It had no cbd in the coa. It was actually tested twice. Both tests came back 100%+ D9 thc. I am assuming that this product was remediated at this point. Turning it acidic and that’s why it is a pink color. The only other time i have had a weird color distillate was when i remediated it for pyrethrin and piperonyl butoxide. It was purple after that. Still i have no idea what this solid could be.

1 Like

Get it tested…

4 Likes

I am absolutely going to get it tested. I just pulled some out of the flask for that reason. I have just never seen this. Granted I don’t run the short path every day or anything but have ran hundreds of liters and never seen this.

1 Like

@cyclopath do you have any idea?

1 Like

I’m assuming this is d8?

If so it’s an acid.

6 Likes

It definitely has a piss smell to it. I don’t know if that helps. Maybe they were converted liters and they didn’t know it.

1 Like

Well whoever converted it didn’t clean up.

I’d be willing to be it was tosic acid too.

Neutralize the dist.

7 Likes

Was your glass 100% clean? Sometimes artifacts from washes will leave residue that can alter the oil via distillation.

3 Likes

I am assuming a lle? If so I don’t have the equipment to do that yet. Is there another way to neutralize it? Not asking for a spoon. If there’s a thread you know of I will definitely read it. I am currently scouring Conversion threads as well as distillation threads.

2 Likes

Yeah you need LLE

Three base washes,
3 salt washes
3 washes of hypoclorus acid (for smell if it smells)
3 water washes

2 Likes

Yes glass was clean. I just ran 2 liters through it on last Wednesday with no issues, from material I extracted and winterized. This is the first time I was asked to clean up some foul smelling distillate and this is what I am running into.

1 Like

BP 140C@20mmHg so seems likely.

5 Likes

Also another note. It is not behaving the same way all of my other runs have. Usually I will see the spot in the condenser that it starts to condense. This seems to go all the way to the end. I can post a pic if you’d like for further understanding.

1 Like

It’s probably something to do with the acid boiling over with the noids.

2 Likes

That seems like an awful lot of crystals to just be leftover tosic…

3 Likes

If you are stupid enough not to clean it up, your stupid enough to put at too much acid in also.

4 Likes

I mean I guess so but that’s a LOOOTTT… like there’s practically as much crystals as there is oil in some of those shots…

4 Likes

He got the “heads” fraction from a bigger d8 batch.

5 Likes