Strain effects science

Certain strains have certain highs. Sweet kushes tend to me relaxing/ slow hitting and mellow. While gassy strains and SOME sativa’s tend to be fast hitting and more intense / less calming and more boosting and mind reviving if that makes any sense. But why? I assumed it was based solely on CBD content but when I check strain CBD levels and compare them to affects felt I don’t see a correlation that explains the effects felt.
I used to hear it was the terps from hacky sack boys who had no science to support there argument…
Figure someone here has some real scientific info on it?

There’s a few threads on it

The jury seems to say we’re somewhere between terpene modulation, potent minor cannabinoids, and/or psychosomatic effect (we made it all up).

I don’t think there’s anything well proven beyond speculation but I could always be wrong.

8 Likes

It’s really not the terpenes themselves but rather minor compounds dissolved in the high terpene fraction which can be summarized as volatile cannabis essential oils

6 Likes

Whoever figures out entourage gets a Nobel

2 Likes

So… Arent aromatherapy effects anywhere pharmacologically proven?

Probably to complex beyond more than thc +limonele and thc + myrcene for any clinical trial anyway

2 Likes

Yes, most just don’t know how to research outside their realm of expertise.

There is plenty of data on the effects of essential oils and terpenes.

Research vertebrae olfactory reception to start

2 Likes

Yes I was trying to impy that…

Althought the Russo research is kinnda weak in that manner…more marketing perhaps

1 Like

this is a cannabis processing forum

stay away with your implications academia might bring something to the table

or God forbid any field interwowen in industry…

Its all master growers and artisan cultivators or boutiqe extraction…And dont forget the “breeders”…

1 Like

I can definitely see marketing playing a factor as her work did seem to push the new age perspective of the benefits of essential oils.

Exactly!

As if the effects these phytochemicals stimulate are limited to the cb1 and cb2 receptors and no other physiological processes occur during consumption

when i was a kid the only info was the encyclopedia. It said chocolate and weed go well together- I agree. Ive been growing long enough to know that its all hybrids. I dont even agree with indica and sativa. wheres afghanica? afghans are the short fat leaved plants. Indicas have longer internodes and golf ball type buds. Sativa is unheard of on the market because it takes so long and grows so tall there is no commercial sativa. I have had a few sativa ish plants over the years but its even been a long time since ive had the super narrow leaf sativas. Ive tried like 10 hazes or more and none were the real deal. I got skunk seeds from sam but the idiot I gave them to tossed them because they were small and white? Anyone grown cloners c99 yet??? I got a bunch of c99 crosses back in the day from fet and he would grow 20 footers in australia and select from those- they also were manageable indoors and finished under 8 weeks.

A friend who used to do hard/speedy drugs doesn’t like haze, or any haze crosses. He says the buzz gives him flashbacks.

My favorite daytime smoke right now is “The Machine” from Irie Genetics. They claim 30% thc, but it makes me get things done at the same time. Lemon diesel smell, reminds me of Mazar/Afghani. I hope to get a coa at some point and maybe see what is different about it.

1 Like

The Mazar white and wiolet phenos were legendary in the beginning of the millenia… From. Dutch passion if I belive correctly…

Thumper must remember the good ol jack herrer aswell when done 11weeks or more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyway about the classification punch in Mcpartland and Narrow leaf drugtype and Broad leaf drugtype… Might give a nice fresh outlook on the subject of classification :wink: