Storage of high terpene extracts - packaged for shelves

Need some help with shelf stability of 1g units of high terpene extracts, mainly badder. Everything has been going well with hand packaging and the product looks and smells amazing. We store packaged goods in our climate controlled warehouse and temps are usually 62-68°f. We currently do not store in any fridge or cooler since the room temps are stable, and dispensaries don’t use these either.

We checked inventory recently and a couple of our badders had dried slightly, after opening we found terp sauce on the inside of the lid and running down the outside on the threads of the jars. The jars have the usual childproof lids with a lid insert to keep the extract inside the jar.

Is there a method to cure wet extracts to make them more stable for dispensary shelves?

How are companies keeping wet extracts from leaking or drying out?

1 Like

What size mL jar for how many grams of extract?

I think they are 5 or 7ml but not sure, definitely smaller than 9ml. 1g of extract.

I’ve seen heat/induction sealed foils on live resin concentrate jars before, found this with a quick google.

Is this in Mississippi to reach the 60% potency cap? I would assume any curing you do is going to mess with your potency a little bit since curing is evaporation of volatiles.