Static/Shock Proof/Ignition proof clothing

What is the gold standard for clothing when it comes to never producing a spark?

Happy Holidays

2 Likes

Meat dress for sure.

21 Likes

That qualifies as natural fibers (Synthetic fabrics are more prone to static buildup and discharge). Haha.

8 Likes

I thought those ESD bracelets for PC repair would be cool in a lab, but labs already have heel grounders and clothing built for this. Just wanted to share that in case others thought they’d be fine wearing one.

6 Likes

I enjoyed watching that entirely too much!

Hey @cyclopath, do you have a link to those $200 anti-static, flame resistant hoodies we were going to get once upon a time?

1 Like

no…was it posted around here?

@beaker was gonna logo it?

I don’t think you ever shared the link here. I do remember really wanting it, though. Haha. Champagne taste on a high-life budget!

If you’re stationary then I use a properly grounded ESD mat. I keep a few of them around the house cuz nerd.

Here chu` go mang

4 Likes

Funny enough, I just saw xtractordepot has a anti static shirt now they are selling:

Sheard Hydrocarbon X-TEQ P.L.C | Pullover Lab Coat

3 Likes

Hmm, clothes I’m not 100% but footwear, I am a huge fan of mellow walk shoes, steel toe, static dissipating, slip resistant and the lace up ones feel basically as comftorable as skate shoes just a bit heavier.

1 Like

Haven’t tried meat shoes yet.

3 Likes

I mean if you just extract barefoot it’s basically the same thing

3 Likes

Sheard sells direct as well, and they offer GLG discounts :call_me_hand:t3::call_me_hand:t3:

5 Likes

Nice!

The shirts are pretty fancy looking fo sho.

1 Like

Helly Hansen sells a whole range of anti static and FR gear that is commonplace in the drilling industry

3 Likes

Shave your wooks, grease em and make em work in the buff.

It’s a flawless plan if you don’t mind the smell.

3 Likes

Bathe em nair

https://www.amazon.com/Static-Guard-Spray-5-5oz-4-Pack/dp/B01GBC3KZC

This

1 Like

Sheard industrie apparel
It’s warm but you won’t catch on fire or melt.

These anti-static lab coats are pretty reasonably priced, all things considered.

2 Likes