Statement from Oregon CBD on 2020

We’re still deciding on genetics, most of our grows are in WI. My advice to people is worry less about the strain, and more about finding an honest breeder. For the UP and MN, the strains that finish in Sept are probably best. Something like Early Remedy or Early Bird might work.

2 Likes

trying to do that. drain the swamp! the rats come up from underground during a flood. same thing happened in the seed industry. i’d love to see the tar and feather method come back into play. i’d like for some goon squad show up at these guys doors with a drum of tar and big bag of feathers and a shit eating grin. . lol that would be hilarious. can you say shunning? will you let me know please what you decide…

1 Like

How far from the tops was your sweeper?

About 18 inches

This not really about the fear of strange mutation of the modified organism itself. It is about all the ecosystem respond to these changes as we spread them all arround. We are already very bad in controlling plastics and many other synthetic chemical compounds or processes, we also did some mess with gmo. This is not agood idea to upscale yet. But research is ok.

Of course, research should be done prior to scaling up. People who are smart enough to successfully modify a plant generally aren’t scaling up before they do all their research. More freedom to do research is exactly what I’m advocating for.
As of now, it is legal to do diy biology in the united states. If things continue to keep going at the rate they’re going, people who do diy biology will be more and more restricted from doing this type of research. If the US government had their way, it wouldn’t be happening at all. I don’t think research should be limited to huge corporations.

And I’m not saying everyone needs to modify their plants and put them in natural populations, but the implications would be just the same if we let an artificially selected strain re-populate in nature.

Keeping it in the hand of a few powerfull evil mind, it is bad indeed. It should belong to everyone. But it needs to be highly controlled anyway, and left in the hand of qualified and controlled people in controled environment. Letting anyone mess whith such thing in its own corner is not a good idea, some as for nuclear power or climate control…

The fundamental problem, as in many scientific breakhtrough , is that technology progresses much too fast for our society, too fast to wisely integrate them.

I disagree. Fearmongers, many of them computer scientists, said the same thing about computer hackers in the 80’s. They said hackers would be able to hack into nuclear reactors and power plants and prisons. Well, the more we learn about computer science, it’s not nearly as big of a concern as it once was.
There has to be two sides, they create a balance. The white hat hackers need the black hat hackers, this is the data they look at when designing security programs.
The molecular biology field is no different. The diy’ers will help progress science. They always do. I’m talking about people that really know this science. You can’t do genetic modification with a superficial understanding of biology. Many of my DIY friends do it as a hobby and have degrees. They have jobs where they’re working on other corporate or government funded projects. Others don’t. I believe anyone with the knowledge should be able to use it…

1 Like

Ok im in :popcorn: :corn:

1 Like

it’s fun. if it isn’t ants, it’s cockroaches.

What sort of duration and frequency were they exposed?

can I point you at my proposed GMO based solution to those plastics?

Let them eat PET!

3 Likes

Everyday, 6 hours on.

Starting at week 2 of flower

1 Like

This is the real answer. We breed towards a 28:1 plant finishing at 8%. Aiming for 5% Terps.

Yeah exactly man, when you’re trying to grow 18-20%CBD hemp, then yeah you’re gonna test hot.

damn 5% terps would be :bomb: :bomb:

I feel way more effect from the terps than the cbd

Since many industrial hemp cultivars are some auto crossed with some photo it is probably not patentable. I mean you may get a patent but it goes away when challenged

Just like gene hacking…it’s the user’s intentions or motives and level of diligence employed that concerns me…not the technology itself.

2 Likes

It’s totally is a huge concern still. Security of even air-gapped networks is very difficult to get right. Those hackers of the 80’s are now security professionals in many cases.

It’s been played down a bit due to companies not wanting to broadcast just how owned things are when it happens.

1 Like

Hey. Big fan of your work. Hows the CBG triploids Terpene profile? We had a few CBG plants this year (not your genetic) and are looking for a better smokable. Thanks and keep on rocking