Standard Passive recovery time

6 lbs of solvent just a small 1lb closed loop system

Was thinking about getting one of those seedling starter mats with a digital thermostat and wrapping that around the collection chamber instead of using water for a more stabilized application of 85 degrees rather that a water bath with temperature controlled by a fish tank heater :man_shrugging:t2:

Beep bop cannot compute. Please deposit 250

10 Likes

Wow a fish tank heater. That’s a first. Most use a sue de vi cooker, or tankless water heater and a pump.
Edit: how many watts does that heater pull.

3 Likes

You need to vent some pressure out of your recovery tank and make sure your coil is in a slurry not just dry ice…you don’t need to chill your recovery tank but it will help. As long as the pressure is higher in your collection vs your recovery tank you should be good to go.

2 Likes

watt?!?

3 Likes

Sounds like dry ice recovery tank, slurry for coil and pressure gauge on vapor port for recovery tank is a good method… that way I can watch the difference in pressures between collection chamber and recovery tank. I was also told as long as the recovery tank is on dry ice and well below zero that I can pull a vac on it???

@thumper is this one of your troll accounts?..

4 Likes

What’s your best recovery time for passive recovery?

another vote for evaporative cooling

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: no I’m just new to the extraction game trying to gain knowledge

I believe managed 100lb in 120min with my pumps IN THE WAY a couple of days ago.

1 Like

yes pull a vac on the recovery if you have a safe pump and place to vent it. Theres still gas in it. I dunno how much it helps, temps do enough.

You don’t need any dry ice for your tank. The coil will condenser the hot vapor into liquid and the positive pressure will push the liquid out of the coil into your recovery tank which you have pre vacuumed down. The butane liquid enters the recovery tank extremely cold and after the first couple lbs into the tank it will cool its self down and even maintain it’s own vaccume but can build up later on in the run and will need to be burped threw a vapor port on your recovery tank. With a 1000w heater set at 110 on my collection I can evaporate and condense at a rate of 1lbs a min, at the end of 15lbs of solvent recovered it says 96 degrees. It tanks quickly even with a 1000w bucket heater.

1 Like

right place. now spend some more time reading.

2 Likes

Nope I bought the trs 21 just before learning about future. so passive is a thing of the past for now.

Cool story

2 Likes

as opposed to the (maybe 100W) “fish tank heater” OP is using…

how far away from your pipe bomb is that 1000W ignition source?

3 Likes

Lol it’s in the next room over. I have a jacketed collection. It’s a Cooler with a small Mag drive pump, 1000w bucket heater on a inkbird controller. It’s a lot better then people using a sous vide in a bucket with there collection pot.

2 Likes

Awesome!!

we’ve had tell of it in the bucket with the pipe bomb…

agreed!!

I’ve got pictures of it after I put a real thermostat on it around here somewhere…the OEM one had way too much hysteresis.

3 Likes