Standard Passive recovery time

What is standard passive recovery time using a condenser coil and hooked up to the liquid port on your recovery tank? New to extraction lol I wish the people making video’s would do a more in depth thorough explanation of everything. Having to watch multiple videos just to piece together the entire process is annoying lol

1 Like

Lol…

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Exactly my thoughts…

1 Like

I feel like 190 proof everclear or 200 proof non denatured alcohol and a Büchner funnel to regain color is easier than cobbling together a bunch of he said she said crap but at least I can dissolve the garbage runs I made learning how to do it in the material column and clean it up and lose almost nothing in the grand scheme of thing’s. Still getting horrible recovery time’s that last hour’s on end blows. Thinking about doing active recovery but then again I’ve been told if you do passive recovery properly it’s a lot better and a lot less expensive.

1 Like

You need to read more.

3 Likes

I feel like the headache I’d get from huffing butane through a straw would be better than the headache I get from staring at a screen for hours on end reading what joe says to do then reading what billy says to do then getting told to do something else by Jonny at the extractor parts store lol it’s like masturbating furiously with 40 grit sand paper and ignoring the mangina stains on my pants afterward

2 Likes

Pay a consultant then…(because you appear to be unable to take in information and form your own opinion on what’s up from down)

@Apothecary36 got those deals…

5 Likes

There is no standard time. It’s dependent on alot of different factors. What kind of setup do you have?

2 Likes

How many #'s of solvent you trying to recover

2 Likes

Recovery time is dependent on many factors. It’s not just about having a coil or a cold tank.

Heat energy applied, heat energy lost, heat transfer surface area, heat transfer as it relates to flow, vapor path size, cooling energy applied, etc etc etc

6 Likes

I hear wku has some neat vids

6 Likes

6 lbs of solvent just a small 1lb closed loop system

Was thinking about getting one of those seedling starter mats with a digital thermostat and wrapping that around the collection chamber instead of using water for a more stabilized application of 85 degrees rather that a water bath with temperature controlled by a fish tank heater :man_shrugging:t2:

Beep bop cannot compute. Please deposit 250

10 Likes

Wow a fish tank heater. That’s a first. Most use a sue de vi cooker, or tankless water heater and a pump.
Edit: how many watts does that heater pull.

3 Likes

You need to vent some pressure out of your recovery tank and make sure your coil is in a slurry not just dry ice…you don’t need to chill your recovery tank but it will help. As long as the pressure is higher in your collection vs your recovery tank you should be good to go.

2 Likes

watt?!?

3 Likes

Sounds like dry ice recovery tank, slurry for coil and pressure gauge on vapor port for recovery tank is a good method… that way I can watch the difference in pressures between collection chamber and recovery tank. I was also told as long as the recovery tank is on dry ice and well below zero that I can pull a vac on it???

@thumper is this one of your troll accounts?..

4 Likes