Stable self reproducing Auto?

A long time ago I ordered some seeds from Barneys Farm. Got a bunch of Skittlez OG Autos. I popped and harvested 5. the runt of the litter had about 7 seeds in the bottom nugs. The other four were just solid buds sensimilla style. So I thought why not pop that mutant divine emaculate concepted mama. I placed the seed in a cup of water and it sank the next day. Germination was a breeze and I’ve done this now 3 times. Each auto plant has it in the DNA to make atleast 6 to 8 seeds from the lower branches. And they’re all viable with no oddities or mutations. Have you all ever grew autos that like to impregnate themselves? I have never in my life experienced this.

Processing: 20230211_203839.jpg…

7 Likes

I’ve encountered hermaphrodism that was confined to lower branches, and the plant seeded itself. Popped 72, 71 female and 1 weird runt/herm. ALL female, ALL identical to the plant they came from (clone of White Widow). Seems like the only DNA it had to contribute… was it’s own? Not sure. But I did figure out what was causing the lower-branch hermaphrodism. Rhyzoglyphus Echinopus A.K.A. bulb mites. Literally nothing got rid of them except washing everything in water above 150F. I had to be the first one to discover the little bastards, they were coming in on the root riot plugs.

Crazy times lol

5 Likes

this is a weird pheno i guess… no hermy traits… no half naners or anything. full dense delicious buds sparkling with trichs… terps are citrus floral diesel… but like 4 or 5 baby buds spit out a few seeds. its crazy.

2 Likes

That is unusual, I think, to get hermie seed that doesn’t show hermie traits. I wonder if it is an autoflower thing. It’s fortunate, nonetheless. I used to grow photoperiods from hermie seed, but they were often 2/3rds male or hermie. It was a big tuna cross that was also ungodly stinky. Everything I owned smelled like skunk.

3 Likes

yeah man weirdest shit I’ve seen. but i’ve only been fucking with Autos for 2 years so not much experience on that front. ruderalis is a evolutionary phenomenon in itself. to take a species that depends on photosensitivity and slowly adapt to being a genetic factor instead of environmental is amazing in itself. what a wonderful plant huh

2 Likes