Spray distillate onto flower

We are close. Our thca is from the flower. The D8, with current application rate, does not show
up or increase total T. We get about 25mg of D8 per g of flower. Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 1.49.46 PM

Is that from greenleaf?

1 Like

Say what?

So you grow natural occurring d8 in flower?

1 Like

Theyā€™re just adding a very minimal amount of D8 it sounds. While I do respect their attention to compliance, 2.5% D8 is not even going to provide any effects beyond that of the hemp flower. Just seems gimmicky to me to use such a negligible amount of a cannabinoid in a smokable product (keyword ā€œsmokable,ā€ D8 gummies apparently are promising). Either the flower will do nothing and be compliant or it will be blatantly noncompliant and no longer fall under the excuse of trying to serve a ā€œlegal marketā€.

I still would love to see one of Randallā€™s ā€œlegal COAā€™sā€ though.

3 Likes

No, we infuse into the flower once its trimmed. Customers seem to enjoy it.

alcohol wont evap just by letting it ā€œsit outā€

2 Likes

please donā€™t tell me that you are implying that gummies should be vaporized

Iā€™m loosing all respect for these cbd/d8 scammers. Yes its scammers, not slingers. Who the F sprays d8 (yes, dea says illegal boys) on cbd and slings it to soccer mons saying you wont test +. And how many threads do we need to have the same result?

3 Likes

We do not sell wholesale. We supply a wide variety of cannabinoid products, at a retail store level, that our customers request. In the big picture, the entire industry is still working to understand what works, what doesnā€™t and why. So much untapped potential in the plant and customer direct products help us
to understand more.

1 Like

D8 is illegal. Just look at the posts a few days ago about the smoke shop that was raided.

Get that $ quick before the next vape-gate happens I guess.

I see a lot of suggestions in scrolling just a quarter of the way down to use solvents to thinā€¦ but why not just use a little cbc to make the d8 less thick and sprayable. Then you donā€™t have solvents and you have a noid that would likely make the effects better while also not raising the overall thc count.

1 Like

Need help turning disalite in to spray help ???

Hey Iā€™m in need of help on get thc distillate spray I have it but need to get it sto spray HOW???

Can you DM me? I need this help.

A tip after chasing this dragon for a few weeks. Best answer I found is to cryo freezer distillate and a nutrabullet. Put distillate quickly into cold nutrabullet. A few quick pulses and it will be a fine powder. Put back into freezer in sealed jar and get milled weed laid out in sheet pans, dust it over the buds while mixing and keep mixing it up. You can add about 30% distillate by weight using this method without the flower behaving different in handling with decent homogenisation.

5 Likes

Interesting tek

Itā€™s a dance to get it done before the distillate melts but stuff I am working with is 97% cannabinoids so itā€™s pretty damn solid in a 65 degree room.

1 Like

Sorry if Iā€™m rehashing a post that I missed only making it halfway through this thread, but in the hoary days of yore a brother approached me with his latest epiphany involving doing a frozen thermos bottle extract using lighter butane and pouring it in a chilled Misto olive oil sprayer, which allowed him to spray buds and food stuff , as well as glass surfaces for subsequent scraping. He had numerous examples demonstrating how well it worked.

Setting aside his method and brainstorming the process, combustion requires fuel, oxygen, and an ignition source.

Consider that if you pressurized a collection pot and sprayed the extract/LPG solution onto buds in a container under vacuum, ostensibly you could still recover the LPG without anything ever being exposed to atmosphere.

Purging the buds without losing aromatics would ostensibly be a challenge if the plant material soaked up LPG in the processā€¦

This thread got me thinking, the next step in this progression is using a terpene blend as the solvent to suspend the concentrate in, so as to increase aromatics enough to offset losses during vacuum purge. Your favorite designer blend of 100% organic and natural terpenes and cannabinoids for your smoking pleasure.

9 Likes

An interesting tek! About what temperature do you freeze the distillate to?

I quit smoking in deference to my lungs and adding concentrate powder to my dabbing concentrates would no doubt be anticlimactic, but it occurs to me that you could mix cryo powdered concentrate with cryo powdered sugar and mix well before warming to ambient, and it might stay stable.

VG and concentrate taste like wild honey, so the combination might be pleasant and handy as a sprinkle on various confections.

5 Likes

-60 to -80 depending on how the freezer is feeling at the time lol
I will try that report with sugar and see what the results are. It homogenises surprisingly well in powder form with sticky buds. You literally canā€™t even tell even at 30% distillate if itā€™s milled buds.

It is a interesting process, like making bubble where itā€™s super rushed but 10x because every second that powder is open I canā€™t shake the thought of all the water that is constantly condensing on it. I have never had it be a noticeable amount even with me scrutinizing the end mix with a moisture meter and water activity meter, but Iā€™m sure if you are not quick and conscious of it you could end up with a big wet mess.

2 Likes