Speedmixer use in cannabis?

What’s the largest capacity available in stainless steel? Also, what is the price per vessel? I can’t seem to find them on your website

Any chance I could get a link to the specs on your competing product? That kind of price point is extremely tempting

@ChaelSonnen - Timer is 1-16 seconds. RPM speed does not mean power. Any Hauschild SpeedMixer® generates over 1000 g-force remember.

@BG305 @MasterBlaster

Max load is not 1kg. The original DAC1100 Hauschild SpeedMixer will mix 1.1kg (1100gm) @ 1600rpm. Largest mix cup is 1.5ltr and goes straight into the mixing basket (no holder).

Your guys need to check out the new Hauschild SMART-DAC2000 which will mix up to 2kg, in either a 2.8.ltr pail or a 2ltr PP Mix Cup. The SMART-DAC’s are new and out perform all the original DAC machines.

20% More Power, Larger mixing Weight + Volume, Vacuum Degassing, Automated Cooling, Remote Control

Google SMART-DAC2000.4 VAC-P or goto SMARTDAC.info

#MixingWithTheBest

I just did a demo with a reputable SpeedMixer company and had unsuccessful results infusing distillate into flower - for infused pre-rolls.

We had a 70/30 ratio of flower to distillate, but we kept ending up with oil loaded balls of flower. Does anybody have any advice for success with these instrument? I dont have the instrument at our lab yet, but the demo made me more skeptical to pull the trigger.

Even if it isn’t spoon fed info. Has anybody here had success infusing flower with distillate?

As always I appreciate the knowledge that is shared.

2 Likes

30% is probably to much. or at least it is to much if you tried all 30% at once, you would likely be able to do it in stages doing 10% at a time and doing 3 rounds.

This was my experience during their demo:

1 Like

At one point we dropped it to 85/15 and it sitll was clumping really bad. I’m going to demo another equipment from a different manufacturer and keep this 10% at a time tip in mind. I appreciate it!

Whats the other equipment? is it also a DAC?

We have been talking to Flacktek and Hauschild. The first demo was with Hauschild and the next will be with Flacktek. So essentially the same equipment, but different operators.

I’m thinking of using your idea of adding the oil in small quantities to help reduce clumping, and then trying slightly different ratios. The CEO wants an infused preroll at around 40% so I need to play with the ratio a bit, and perhaps start with higher potency flower (it was only 19%).

It’s painful trying to do R&D within a 1-2 hour demo with equipment you’ve never used! I appreciate your help man.

i have a “1KG” flacktek. Christopher will forsure sell you on the flack over the hauschild and i agree. i love the mixer i have for certain tasks! the guy that started flacktek used to be the us distributor for hauschild hahaha made a few tweaks to the machine and started flack. the best part about them over the german company is they have all the replacement parts already in the US so if anything should go down its a short stretch of downtime to get parts. iv put around 100hrs on mine and it still spins like a top

1 Like

Yea, I’ve been told the “lore” of the equipment by both companies. It’s a shady business these cannabis companies! LOL.

Have you had any luck infusing distillate into flower your Flacktek? Or is there anything you can disclose you use it for?

3 Likes

I used the DAC1100 for quite a while, though never with infusing flower. If you’re making good distillate(85% THC or greater) I’m guessing temps are your issues. You wont generate the friction necceassry to keep the distillate runny with granular material like flower. Try pre heating your flower and distillate to at least 100F and ill bet you have much better success. Or stainless cups warmed would help as well.

1 Like

ive used it to purge and make budder to spin out in a centrifuge

1 Like

So you used a ‘fuge so you could use a ‘fuge?!?

:face_with_monocle:

speedmixers are not centrifuges in the sense you are thinking, they are asymmetrical centrifuges and behave the exact opposite of a typical centrifuge. so to answer your question, yes.

purge and homogenize in the speedmixer
separate terps and noids in the fuge

1 Like

I used to use one. I would buy another. There isn’t much you can’t make better or faster with a speedmixer.

They are however still centrifuges dear bro…

5 Likes

A speed mixer takes 10-20x the amount of time to mix noids as a homogenizer

how well does a homogenizer mix extracts with crystals in them though?

1 Like

How well is that working for you?

our demo with a speed mixer made too fine of a sugar when purging direct from extraction.

Only tried it once

1 Like