Specific thread for Pope Gear Pump questions

Hello all, long time lurker here. I appreciate all the wonderful humans on this site and hope I can give back some of the knowledge that I have learned from 2+ years doing CO2, butane, and EtOH extraction(not like that is special on this site).

But for now I have a question for ya’ll because I tried calling Pope but they lazy ass office closes at 4:30 pm. I am helping a lab commission their pope with the three gear pumps option and I can’t exactly figure out how the the gear pumps are supposed to be wired into the material flow.

The first image shows the feed line that was previously installed by someone else, the line goes up(where the heat tape is wrapped around), and tees out in two directions. Both lines end in a 9/17"compression fitting. Is the feed line supposed to feed into the feed flask? I feel like that would not make sense. I’m worried that we may be missing an adapter to go from compression fitting to glass.

The second picture shows what the inlet of the gear pump with a rounded female joint in addition to a compression fitting → flexible bellows → ultra-torr swaglock fitting. Part of me wants to put the feed flask(with the male rounded joint) right on top of the gear pump as a feeding reservoir. Are those actual round bottom joints? I am unfamiliar with the ultra torr swaglock(had to look it up) but it just seems like it could be used as an adapter from steel to glass. It almost fits onto the glass vacuum fitting on the feed flask.

Anyway, pretty specific questions I know but I’m hoping someone out there has experience with these gear pumps because I’m running out of options. Really hope that we are not missing some vital equipment.

The feed flask sits right on top of the pump, the steel lines go from the bottom of the pump, up the back of the cart. There should be a different glass adapter piece that the flexible metal tube locks onto that fits into where the old glass adapter that previously held the feed flask sat. The “T” in the metal line is where the steel tube connects to the lid of the feed flask to vac it down.

Edit: You should also have a different lid for the feed flask, looks identical except for the narrow glass tube coming from the top which is where the other flexible metal tube attaches.

The feed flask thing makes a lot of sense there were actually two of those flexible metal tubes so I’m thinking the other one will be used to connect back to the feed flask. Haha I actually was playing around with that adapter(with the narrow glass tube on top but I thought it would be too fragile to put metal straight on it :sweat_smile: )

Yeah, it seems weird at first, there’s an o ring inside that grabs the glass. Whatever you do, don’t grease it, just be extremely careful tightening it, my old lab partner broke it trying to figure it out the first time. They are EXTREMELY fragile.

Edit: The good news is, once you have it on there right, there’s not much reason to take it back off.