Sourcing Glass/Stainless Equipment (Thermo-Fisher Issues)

We are sourcing equipment for formulation requiring glass and stainless and ran into a bit of an issue. We applied for an account with Thermo-Fisher Scientific and got denied. We didn’t check the box that says “Is this for cannabis use?”. This is for biostimulant fertilizer formulation. They didn’t ask for anything further like a “Bioterrorism Declaration” document or FDA/NPA//UL/cGMP certification. My only thought was it is because we are a business that does R&D and testing for the entire humate industry.

Would a simple letterhead or footer mentioning formulation as a primary activity be sufficient?

Any suggestions?

Any alternate suppliers you would recommend?

1 Like

Any idea as to what type of equipment you are looking to get set up with? I can’t think of a company off the top of my head that covers so much of the lab equipment spectrum, but maybe it can be pieced from a few companies.

1 Like

try VWR?

3 Likes

It is primarily for food safe mixing and transfer equipment. I use the glass with formulation. Thanks for the tips!

also, maybe you can get glass straight from the source?

Ace Glass

1 Like

That’s kinda fucking stupid. I got set up with very little hassle because I did check the CBD/hemp checkbox and supplied documentation. The fact that you don’t even touch the stuff and they won’t is fucking stupid. Maybe try getting someone on the horn and explain your situation.

1 Like

Ha. Thank you for the support. I think my boss spent $2000 on stainless fittings this week. We’ll try to explain the situation to a real person.

Small time. :sweat_smile: Fittings/valves are the worst and they add up at $110-$300 each… Sounds like you guys need a consult. Cough cough

1 Like

We would love to if the need arises!

So it’s funny- my boss ran an industrial automation company which turned into a cGMP humate manufacturer. We still see signs of it when a powder mill turns into a Rube Goldberg machine.

It’s like when I’m doing OSINT and stringing together tools with python scripts, but with really expensive machinery and parts.