SOS! need to dry out crumble

thank you, ill try that. some of this crumble already been mixed with flower so theres that to consider as well

1 Like

Spin it

10 Likes

If you want to to be dry and quickly crank the heat. just stay below decarb temps, you are shooting for no terps then by golly crank the temps up! agitation is a must!!

if you have a rotovap it can do a ton of heavy lifting too!!

4 Likes

SOS! Someone help me make this extract worse so I can make some boof rolls test higher :joy:

Sorry not trying to hate just thought it was funny. Most people need help with the opposite. Like everyone else said, vac and heat and whip it good and those terps are as good as gone. If you need it super dry by tomorrow afternoon I’d recommend 130-150F and pull as hard a vac as you can. If you don’t have a woulff bottle or cold trap inline between the oven and the vac then make sure to change out your pump oil after doing this cause it will absorb terpenes that will break down the internals over time.

16 Likes

Is that what that thing is called? Very cool. I definitely used a similar version of this thanks to @future we did a glass bubbler filled with vac pump oil to trap the terms before the pump

If you don’t have a centrifuge. You can use a rosin press, again if you have access, to squeeze out the ht and then pulverize the thca in the rosin bag.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s the technical term for any little bubbler-esque bottles you use to condense or trap volatiles before they progress further and cause any interruptions or damage to the systems beyond.

5 Likes

Got a similar situation here, clients want bone dry extract for packaging and I’ve got a load of very terpy saucy extract. Thanks to all who replied, this thread has helped a lot, time to order some new vac pump oil :laughing:

3 Likes

If you can get access to a centrifuge and some fritted tubes to load in it, would highly recommend spinning off as much of the terpenes as possible - you’ll probably get a syrupy consistency HTE that works great loaded right into a cart, or can be cut with distillate to increase viscosity/potency as needed.

The vac oven method, while effective, is also wasteful. Save the terps if you can!

9 Likes

Seriously. But hey do you. Thc and thca is worth less than terps

Freeze it and put it in a food processor with some weed

1 Like

I use a forced air oven to dry when needed,
U could also have a fan on it and lower humidity real low? Iv done that as well to get the moistness out

How’s this going for you man? Like a day later at 40c holding a muff at -27in.hg and I still got the exact same terp soup.

Pentane wash it…

Other than that, you might have a hard time getting it dry enough for the purpose of pre-roll making…

Other than that, especially if it’s cured crumble, the last bit of terps will be hard to rip off under vac. The terps that are left are pretty stable.

Some ideas:
If you put it in a strainer rested on a jar as you heat/rip vac, you might get some to sieve out.
Increase surface area.
Up the temps.
I hope you have a cold trap.

1 Like

I actually like this idea. If you freeze it on dry ice or ln2 it will become brittle enough to evenly distribute on the flower

2 Likes

Don’t even have to pull vac.

See: @Waxplug1’s “sweater-tek”

Sugars coming out wet - #14 by Waxplug1

Note the similarity of the problem…so my advice would be to ponder why your search queries didn’t find that solution (assuming you searched at least twice).

That and “get a damn fuge!!”

2 Likes

Spin it and #savetheterps

Oh yes, save the terps indeed… found a beautiful research paper explaining why, turns out terpenes are THE LEAST studied/understood portion of the cannabis sativa plant.

This tid-bit is all that matters though.

Complex poly-pharmacology may provide a unique means to use terpenes to enhance cannabinoid or other therapies

Losing terps = losing the heightened and potentially unique characteristics of the concentrate.

natural terps in natural extracts, it’s all in the plant man

1 Like

If you are only going for aesthetics of drier crumble you dont even need vac. Heat and mix vigorously 150-170f, it’ll dry out quick but you’ll lose a lot of terps in process. A sweater or fuge is better long term solution as you can save your terps.

This will also work, freeze on parchment paper, grind it up, and dust flowers before it warms up