SOP for Harvest right freeze dryer

Dam shelf temp 50, no wonder. Go at least half that

2 Likes

Alot of people donā€™t add proper water content to the hash when they scoop onto the trays, this prevents sublimation from occurring. You should be able to tap the tray and it move smoothly.

5 Likes

25 shelf temp?

1 Like

Yeah it takes a bit longer but under vacuum, atmospheric pressure changes boiling points so water will sublimate at anything around room temp or lower all the way to 5c. Just takes extra time. The key is to not add much heat to your product, while in the final dry phase its basically ā€œfrozen in timeā€ and wonā€™t degrade til your ready for it and all moisture is out.

Edit: unlike a vacuum oven this uses the heat pads to create sublimation so once sublimated it can sit in there in the cold til the heat pads do there work.

1 Like

your talking in C heā€™s talking in F.

Iā€™m using the standard shelf on the harvest right I wasnā€™t aware u can switch, Iā€™ll give it a try at 25 shelf temp
4 hour freeze
And 24 final dry
I will do a second run 24 hour freeze
24 final dry

Or what settings sound more reasonable

1 Like

What is your freezing time and your drying time is it 16 and 8 dry or 24 hours dry if so whats your freeze time

Pharma Model Harvest Right SOP

7 hour Freeze without vacuum

12 hour Dry with vacuum

If hash is still pliable it does NOT mean itā€™s still wet. It may just be a super greasy strain.

Pliable does NOT mean icy/wet. It means flexible oily sheets instead of sandy powder.

Anyone finding their hash is still icy/wet after this 7 hr freeze and 12 hr dry is loading their trays too high with wet hash. Bang the trays hard on a steel table after each scoop to level the hash out on the tray. If your hash does not level with this method you scooped it too dry.

3 Likes

Or itā€™s immature, and the heads are empty

2 Likes

I just let it freeze until I see that everything in there is frozen over and then I start the drive cycle

Not in this case.

2 Likes

Yessir 25

Maybe this blog post will help someone.

7 Likes