"something I made" thread

Though I didn’t make the fittings themselves, I’m implementing a quick disconnect system so all equipment that needs to hooked to different cooling/heating system can be moved easily without spilling and without major plumbing. They’re also super satisfying to use.

4 Likes

Fuck yeah! Really cool

1 Like

Have you ever experimented with patina finish on the copper? The range of colors you could produce would look beautiful on flowers! random googled image for example.

6 Likes

YOU. BASTARD. I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED LASERS IN MY ROOM BUT…HERE I AM…SHAKING LIKE A CRACKHEAD NEEDING A HIT OF ULTRACONCENTRATED LIGHT IN MY EMPTY GOD HOLE. HOLY SHIT.

Also i bought the shit to make my ghetto dab rite yesterday… i believe i already own a K-type thermocoupler (Traeger meat probe). Gonna clear off the dining room table in a bit then teach the lil’ one about thermocoupler principles and how raspberry pi boards work! Fucking stoked.

Largely considering using this to hold the probe. Maybe old GI Joes with the “hand grenade action pose” would work too.

6 Likes

My dad breeds ball pythons, not me directly but they are too cute to not post.

13 Likes

I have those thermal couples already, dont buy em ill send you them for the cost of shipping

4 Likes

You fuckin` rule! I can rig you up a RPI dabrite too once I get it working!

1 Like

I need to get the 5° fov sensor and try mine out again. They’re finally starting to become available after china seemingly outfitted the entire country with cameras that take body temp

1 Like

I’m working on a dream machine via Brion Gysin and William S. Burroughs design.
Of course there are more sophisticated devices out there, but this would be an art piece I’d use occasionally to de-stress.
Anyone made one?

4 Likes

…Steely Dan??

3 Likes

@SubstituteCreature it’s that good ol Boston Rag…im not Lonnie though

2 Likes

Never heard of this. Sounds like my kinda art tho

1 Like
5 Likes

is that a doomsday timer? when did you set it to destroy earth?

2 Likes

thats not a standard ball or is it?

This is the first of your comments I’ve appreciated.

And it’s set a week after someone actually furnishes proof that I’ve hacked them, haha

1 Like

Top fire yellow belly Spotnose clown left Fire YB clown
Right Fire Spotnose clown
Btm right YB Spotnose clown
Btm left Spotnose clown

Yeah I have. I know there’s a bunch of really cool method to achieve different colors and looks on copper. I’ve unfortunately been traveling too much with lab work that I haven’t had a chance to make much art or wood/metal work recently…

Note: I didn’t make the copper tea pot I only restored it from an antique shop pick up.

13 Likes

Beautiful homie! Amazing work!

Theres some dope shizzle goin on in here. We like to get a lil crafty too. What began as seperate hobbies now fuels collaboration. Im thankful for that.

Shes a cup/shirt wizard.
Im a wood lizard.

7 Likes