Solventless Water Soluble Extract - wanting opinions and to gauge interest

Hell, you just start with Video of it dissolving in water now and I’ll take you seriously

You may have gone to university, yet you still failed to learn that ad hominem attacks are not a valid form of argument.

In this thread, in this exchange between us, you have been the one who has resorted to being condescending and insulting to me. Not to mention highly selective in your response.

You can continue to make whatever presumptions you wish. At this point you are here to argue to validity of taking the academic course. I made this thread to talk about a novel form of water soluble cannabinoid extract.

Congratulations on the extreme privileges you enjoyed in university. Clearly your experience is set apart. Even still, I’m compelled to think that I’d be more likely to find paradigm-shifting innovation, even in a study like chemistry, from some extremely poverty stricken child in the bush in Africa with a passion for the study, who may have gotten access to a basic chemistry set and no access to all the fanciful resources you enjoyed. Ok so this is a fallacious argument too. Whatever. You may disagree, however in my life experience innovation definitely does not come from the Universities although it may pass through that system.

Can you do chemistry in the bush? Yes. Can you have legitimate breakthroughs without sterile technique, cleanrooms, and millions of dollars in equipment? Yes. What does the lab and classroom offer that the bush does not? What does the bush offer that the lab does not?

I am not upset my apologies @EVFarm, I guess I can come off as a d*ck sometimes and it’s not my intention. Like I said before I recognize and value what academia can bring to the collective knowledge, and at the same time my feeling is there is a lot missing there.

Let’s see a video of it dissolving in water, should be easy enough

2 Likes

Ok challenge accepted. Excuse my shitty video making skills.

Not the best video as I just did it with my fingers quickly in the kitchen, cause I’m at home right now, but still you can get the idea, I think.

I can always do a better one later. Why would I make all this up? Too crazy to make up.

Edit: Ok so after three attempts, compressing the video twice, the site still says it’s too big. Even though it’s only 28 mb and site tells me the limit is like 800 mb. So I went all out and uploaded it on vimeo. Here ya go. I don’t know how to embed the video on here.

4 Likes

Neat! Thanks for uploading

Well I’m certainly intruiged to say the least.

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Ok, so what exactly are you claiming here… that this process makes a fairly non-polar molecule come out completely emulsified, and yet also free of chorophyll?

I mean, I give it 1000:1 that this is BS, but considering that you had something thats water soluble that means at the very least that you are a skilled scammer.

In the 0.1% chance that this isn’t BS… What exactly is the process? Considering you are putting this on the internet, wheres the patent? Whats the process to make this? Are you selling this? Why is it in your kitchen and not a real lab? Sure you say its made in the bush but wheres the equipment?

1 Like

Don’t think you need to do a better video that one was quite good IMHO. Maybe some enzymatic recovery process going on. I don’t know but if it’s nontoxic I can only imagine what it could do with high THC and CBG cannabis. Could offer shortcuts to lots of products. And the amount you have there even in your research stage suggests to me it may be scalable as well. Even if your process purified them I still don’t know how it could make CBD and cbda water soluble though.

1 Like

If it does work i’m guessing maybe something in the lichen acts as some kind of ligand/chelator. Sort of like cyclodextrin (although this looks like it’s dissolving better than any cyclodextrin result i’ve had).

I agree but there are at least two things going on here. Extraction from the plant with pretty high purity and making the resultant cannabinoids water soluble. Either one is noteworthy but both together I have to think there is some special affinity extraction with a polar molecule with saponification in water. Even nanoemulsions should require more initial energy than was applied here. Curious indeed.

I just remembered an ancient story of how in the old days 200 years ago my family used to heat but not boil a certain kind of lichen to make a form of soap for cleaning which was also used as a lubricant for wagon wheels and machinery.

3 Likes

Just maybe there is some lichen molecule with a polar head and a non polar tail to help bind cannabinoids then form micelles in water. But I’m speculating off the top of my head with no data, process, testing, or materials.

3 Likes

Right @MagisterChemist @EVFarm but why would it leaves the chlorophyll is the real question.

Well looking at that I’m not sure it left the chlorophyll. That extracted semi solid mass has an interesting look to say the least. Don’t know about chlorophyll, waxes, gums, or lipids.

There’s probably still some chlorophyll in there. @EVFarm

I will get a metal analysis done this coming week. I’m 99.9% there will be nothing metal-wise in there unless it was in the starting material. Does anyone have suggestions for a lab where I can get this analyzed for more than just what the standard cannabis labs do? I mean, I’d like to know what the constituents are of the other 41% of the extract besides cannabinoids.

My mentor has got to be one of the foremost experts in the world on enzymes, colloids, and surfactants. He has advised several very large companies in manufacturing each of these forms of products. So while I am still learning, what you said about the polar head and non-polar tail sounds similar to what he has explained to me. The solution used to catalyze the reaction, derived from lichen (although it can be derived from other sources in nature), is one of if not the most powerful surfactants in nature. At least according to him.

This material can be derived from very high quality mature water, found in high-elevation spring waters that come up from the ground at about 42 degrees Fahrenheit.

@broken_glassware Not sure why you are so convinced I’m a scammer. No agenda as of yet except to share and get feedback from folks who have a deeper understanding of chemistry and extraction than I do. If there’s enough commercial interest, then I’ll get into the process. As of now it is proprietary, not patented. This is just the very beginning of R&D. I’m not in a lab because someone just asked me to put up a video and I made it right away, at home in my kitchen. I have a clean room where I get into mycology work and jungle chemistry. I have real professional manufacturing labs within my network, I don’t have my own though.

All I can really say - not because I’m trying to be tight-lipped but because my mentor is protective of his method and even I’m just starting to get the download - is that the catalyst, the lichen derived surfactant, is in a very concentrated form. It’s made into a solution with RO water and according to my teacher, this creates a form of a plasma. The cannabis is added to this, and milled at the same time it is extracted. The material is passed through a membrane filter and the resultant fluid is then evaporated into a solid form. That’s it.

1 Like

So ultimately your only solvent is water augmented with whatever surfactant you have discovered? That’s amazing and revolutionary. So the surfactant must stay with the cannabanoids. Could the surfactant be a significant part of the unknown 41% in your extracted dehydrated material?

Do you plan on purifying further or do you see this water soluble form as a final product? Will it likely stay aqueous soluble if it is further purified?

I’d be curious to see what it would look like after being run through some powders that remove colors and some of the other impurities. If you are in CO I’d love to do some tests to see if i can isolate some stuff in it. Have you ran it through dcvc before? Would you need reverse phase to do that? I’d probably do both and a bunch of other stuff. What happens when you put it in a non polar solvent?

1 Like

You asked “Like who owns the growth of the hundred dollar bill” which is kind of an abstract question open to debate.

You misspelled Trump as I believe it’s actually spelled “Rothschild” when you look a little closer…

1 Like