Solventless THC-A Isolation[ pressure + temp only? ]

super solvents ma

2 Likes

That tek goes something like this:

1. Take buttered up rosin and place it inside a piece of stainless steel mesh, make sure that the mesh is at least 25um so it can catch the crystals formed.

2. Crank up your rosin plates to 250-300f

3. Press the extract out at those temps for about 10-15 seconds and then grab the stainless mesh and open it up. It should have a white residue inside the mesh and this is what your going for.

Again, this works best with rosin that is buttering up.

1 Like

Ive had a few grams of rosin( damn stuff always butter after a day or two at toom temp it seems) inside some parchament paper folded up in a drawer for a few months, when i opened it up yesterday it had micro clear sugar crystals in a few spots just like the sauce tek gave, really gritty ones

Seems to be more for personal use with the amount of work involved and yield.

1 Like

I’ve seen people do that just by running enough rosin to fill a 4oz jar, then just letting that sit capped for a month and it ends up sugaring like the sugar tech does. It doesn’t seem to have as much terp separation though, likely due to extra waxes being in there, but the crystals will definitely form like you experienced.

1 Like

How much pressure should I be using

I cant accurately say because my shop press doesnt tell me psi. But whats important is that your extract has the ability to sugar/wax up. You essentially want crystals to form in rhe extract and then you squish thru a stainless steel screen to separate the solid crustals from rhe rest of the extract.

Right on I am new to this just bought a low temp plate set up and eager to get started pressing any extra info you can give me is helpful thanks bro good vibes

You can get thc crystals by using low heat like 120f and slow gradual pressure increase on the press to very very slowly leak the terp fraction away from the cyrstals in the folded mesh. You really dont have to adhere to a specific pressure/temp relationship for it to work, if you choose to use high heat just work faster and it will still work good. Ive always got the best yields going low hest and slow gradual pressure increase. With this method you will be limited to very small size crystal production.

Now with all that said, growing crystals by solvent evaporation like OTSS’ tek is by far the better route. Faster crystal production and bigger crystals.

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: