Solventless dewax of Rosin?

hey all, been trying to see if I can convert some cold cure I have by removing the waxes and fats out with some centrifuge tech and see if I can get some dryer/more crumbly material state. I think the current issue rn is that the centrifuge doesnt get hot enough to melt the rosin a little bit for it to separate out. Has anyone tried to dewax rosin or fractionally separate it out into terps and thca AFTER it is whipped into a cold cure? Any theories or guidance on how to do so even if you haven’t done it are appreciated!

Dissolve in butane and winterize on dry ice?

1 Like

do you have a refrigerated centrifuge?

have you tried spinning for hrs at a time?

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have a lot of waxes and lipids after washing/FDing unless you’re doing flower presses. Is that what you’re doing? I do mainly fresh frozen freeze dried live rosin and never really have an issue.

If you want a crumbly state put it in a large jar and let it heat and sit without being pressurized. Test this out with just a few grams until you get your sea legs. You may lose terps depending on how hot and how long you leave your jar open but it sounds like you just want a consistency like if you leave good rosin on the press too long. let me take a pic and see if i’m picking up what you’re laying down

Are you looking for more something like that?

But the 'fuge idea is really good. I’ve got a few plans for them i’ve been tossing around the ol` noggin for when the research budget is a bit higher

3 Likes

Jar tech then fuge?

Yeah exactly, looking for something to make it easier to infuse into pre-roll.

Like the decarb with the lid on to keep the terps?

want to retain the terps and keep it solventless

1 Like

No I do not have a fridgerated one but I have tried spinning it for 24 hour +

1 Like

how warm did it get?

Another reason why I think the whipped cold cure has fats and waxes is because it stays waxy when I freeze dry it over again.

1 Like

83 F when I took a temp gun to it

1 Like

But does the banger get blackened if you dab it. Usually if there’s no waxes it stays nice and clean. If i’m running hash I never have that issue so that will be pretty telltale

1 Like

getting closer to 100f out of mine. when I turn the refrigeration kick in temp all the way up.

guess without the refrigeration they have better “natural” cooling engineered in.

1 Like

Are you just heating it with the jar open? And at what temp? It doesn’t decarb it fully without losing all the terps?

Decarb temp and melting point are drastically far apart. I try to stay just under the melting point for crumble. Your melting point will be from 85-120 f depending on terpene content

That is literally what melted out of the side of the parchment on a big squish and ended up just pooling up next to the plates while I pressed the rest. Just dabbed it. I’m high as shit so looks like it works still

We spin without a lid for 30-90 min. 3000-3500 rpm. I actually chill the buckets to keep it colder. It stays under 70-72 for me. Be sure to use a metal mason jar. Having a glass jar implode with a few hundred grams if rosin sucks.

We actually fuge it same days as press until we get separation then we whip.

This is the consistency we get an hour off the press.

7 Likes

This is so sick! Thank you for sharing! What micron filter are u using for your spins if you don’t mind me asking

1 Like

In order to compare :apple: to :green_apple: rather we need rcf not rpm.

Do you have that?
Can you share with the rest of the class?
Or can you tell us which rotor/fuge you’re running?

I like to spin my sugars :tangerine: at about 1400G (currently not)

At 3500 rpm and an 10cm (100mm/4”)rotor radius RPM / RCF Calculator would put you in a similar range.

At 60min, that hypothetical 8” diameter rotor gets you 1400 G.hr

If, like me, you can only get 750G out of your rotor, you can spin twice as long (120min) to achieve an equivalent 1400G.hr

Why no lid? (On the tube or the fuge?)

1 Like