Solvent transfer with Reds Green and Skelton

Can someone help out a old man? Who’s apparently suffering a touch of that “old timers” disease. While my extraction knowledge is basic at best I have been toying with it since the days getting caught with 20 plants in the bush got ya 9 months R&R. I run about 40-60 lbs annually for personal and couple close friends. I’ve had a CLS for 4 seasons now and when adding butane have always used canned. Recently purchased a couple 20 lb tanks from bvv and I can’t get it to transfer to save my soul. Left collection pot with full vac on dry ice overnight warmed 20 lb. tank to room temp overnight. That might have got me a dribble. This one has my brain locked in gear worse than my 72 Datsun. I’m not seeing the lake because of the water on this one.
Many thx
Red

Those tanks do not have dip tubes so pretty sure you have to turn the tank upside down or you will only get vapor. Never heard of putting a collection pot on dry ice overnight. Are you sure that’s needed?

2 Likes

Post a pic

Thx for reply. One wouldn’t think it would be necessary to freeze collection base to add but trying anything i can think of. I should have mentioned I did try turning tanks upside down.

I will try lol but that could be beyond my mastery of electronics.

Sorry Should be Wouldn’t in first reply

2 Likes

I put my collection pot on dry ice like 10 mins before the run. I have never had to warm up the tank either and I have purchased those same 20lb tanks.

Will the tank release vapor when slightly opened? i only ask because i have received a BVV tank before were the valve was actually stuck closed and no gas or liquid was able to release.

1 Like

Praise the lord pulled it off

1 Like

Yes they do.

The picture that is

Doesn’t look right to me. Your collection pot that you have in the warm water should go into the dry ice. You fill the collection pot from the tank from BVV. Then you heat that collection pot and transfer into the one you have in dry ice now. That’s how you distill your gas before you use it and get it all into the tank in dry ice.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’re right, things look backwards here from what I’m understanding.

1 Like

Looks like you also have the valve open on the dry ice tank on the line that goes to the tank in warm water. That’s not helping.

1 Like

Sorry The pic was just taken. It’s in the middle of recovery when taken.

Are you having problems recovering after extracting? I’m kinda confused at what stage you’re having issues.

Is it during distillation or recovery?

Adding solvent from 20# tank for Distillation is my trouble

Ok, is your water bath warm?

It could be your water is cooling down?

Ya the water bath is maintained at around 85F