Solvent Levels - First test for live resin

I switched over to a CLS from https://qualitystainlessparts.com/ in October. The test below is finally getting it tested to see exactly what my solvent levels were. I knew they were pretty low but I didn’t expect it to be that low on the n-butane. I’m a little surprised though with the higher level of n-hexane and acetone.

This was done in a passive 1lb CLS with distilled n-butane from BVV. From the platter into the oven at 93f-96f for about 117 hours, flipped 4 times throughout that time. It was vacuum purged about 190 minutes total throughout that time as well.

The flower was just trim of WiFi, hopefully it will be a little higher when when do full nug runs.

I feel for my 7th batch with the CLS this wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

Distill ur gas at 84f and you should leave behind the heavy gases like hexane. As far as the acetone did you use it during cleaning? Might not have rinsed good enough. N butane is great for it’s ease of use. Very versatile. If I had to pick only 1to use it’s be n or iso butane

Next take some that honey and jar it up. It’ll turn into a lovely live resin sugar. Looks great BTW!

@Killa12345 has great equipment. I always say if you have something go wrong it’s definitely in the variables that we have the power over not the equipment. Bc he equipment is completely capable of pretty much anything you want

2 Likes

Yea, I distilled the gas at around 88f-90f. I’ll definitely try lower.

Cleaning I use either D-Limonene or 99% Isopropyl Alcohol.

I chose n-butane because of the higher boiling point than iso or propane.

The jartech will be coming once I get my dedicated wax room going. 8 plants will be part of the cycle purely for waxing as well with the flower plant buds that just aren’t pretty enough to be cured.

2 Likes

Also I have to give a shout out to @DamnBro for the offering, out of no where, to help with any questions I had while I was doing my first couple initial runs with the CLS.

Even though I was confident on running the CLS, I still had some snafus that he helped me through.

3 Likes

Acetone might be from plant products. I have had products test for residual levels despite not having acetone on the premises.

1 Like