SOLD Partial 2L Lab Society SPD setup SOLD

You do know we are silvering now right? We got the process down a month or two ago and we are like one of 5 companies in the U.S doing it.
The silvering doesn’t turn to vapor until far above anything you would expose it to. We can’t put it in the oven to anneal because it will partially burn out but that’s over 900°F.

1 Like

I have done this process myself so I know first hand. You have not and you have no idea what you are talking about. Silver nitrate is one of the ingredients in the silvering formula. There is no aluminum used and the only other metal I know of is tin which is only used to help the silver adhere to the glass.
It’s very easy to understand how silvering works. The infrared radiation is reflected back into the column which retains heat and allows a smaller temperature difference between the top and bottom of the column. This allows a taller column and more fractional sites and thus better separation.

Google says "Vacuum emission from metals tends to become significant only for temperatures over 1,000 K (730 °C; 1,340 °F). "

1 Like

The other advantage of silvering is the silver nitrate is great for caterizing (sp?) wounds. Closes them right up. Vets use it too. Also, your not 1 of 5 silvering. Theres at least 5 places I know here in my state. Had it done several times myself. Also, king cant reply because he’s castigated and standing in the corner facing the wall. Lol. I agree with everything else u said about it though. Hes just flapping his jaw!

3 Likes

Why not just make SS SPDs?

3 Likes

Can’t see anything. Spd is pretty dependent on the visuals imo.

2 Likes

There is at least one company I know of that makes stainless spds big ones I fergetti the linky tho perhaps someone else has it handy…

2 Likes

I know @AlexSiegel has em ready. I’m still wanting to get my hands on a set to learn with.

3 Likes

I really wanna see em

3 Likes

I would have to dig but I was excited about what I saw.

1 Like

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Round-Bottom-Stainless-Steel-Flask-2000-ml-3-necks-spherical-joint/133143626426?hash=item1efffa82ba:g:dRUAAOSwX6tdVaBa

1 Like

That’s a lot of fancy words for being extremely wrong.

Seriously dude, how do you call yourself a distillation king when you don’t even understand why columns are being silvered and how it works?

Seems to be a common theme among all the chiefs and kings here, big talk but little actual knowledge.

2 Likes

Setup has been traded! Thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Deal fell through… Looking for $550 shipped, or trades/heady trades… I’m just looking for something that I’ll use, and not something that is just going to sit there taking up space. Thanks for looking, and Happy New Years you Beautiful Bastards!!!
Edit: CLS parts, cold trap, an ounce of hash?

2 Likes

Buy the complementary glass from my thread and keep building it up :b

If you compare the joints and we actually do have a complementary parts we might be able to get both of some of our stuff sold?

1 Like

All of the joints on my stuff is 24/40. We have the same 3 way cow. I’ve got the stuff for a smaller spd setup. 500ml boiling flask with the same head, a single vacuum receiver. I really only need a cold trap to finish out the spd set that I’m keeping.

I’ll send you all my spd glass.
Told it was a 5l setup.

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie, that would be fucking awesome!

1 Like

Yeah. Hmu next week. I’m dealing with my lab stuff this January.
Got pumps and stuff too but dunno if worth to send to canada.

1 Like

Hell yeah, I’ll hit you up! I hope you have a bitching night to night! I’m about to cook some burgers, and imbibe some mushys! Should be a chill night…

3 Likes

XD I’m celebrating. More work tomorrow to do. much love and hope you land that AK opportunity if it’s right.

3 Likes