Social Equity Programs in cannabis industry?

I’ve heard of some special programs in the field of cannabis recently and was very curious about them. What social equity programs you’ve heard and what you guys think? Are you interested in participating?

2 Likes

I’ve heard about various social equity programs in the cannabis industry aimed at promoting diversity and addressing past injustices. Some provide financial support, mentorship, and education for those disproportionately affected by cannabis prohibition. I think they’re important for creating a more inclusive industry.
Artrix social equity program is also coming soon, and 100,000 pcs products are being given away for FREE. We hope to make a positive impact on the industry’s landscape. Stay tuned!!

2 Likes

The conspiracist in me has noticed a pattern. Often these social equity programs are the target of lawsuits which delay the launch of the actual industry because the acts are often unconstitutional. This led to a delay in launch and an increase in cost , which subsequently cost every business the opportunity to make hay while the sun was still shining (before the massive price drop of the industry’s prices which are costing everyone so dearly ). This led to weaker competition which the vertically integrated multi state operators are buying for pennies on the dollar.

10 Likes

Social equity licensing programs are often hollow political money laundering schemes with little efficacy.

Example, a social equity applicant recieves funding and priority license application processing. The funding covers a portion of application and permitting fees and consultation or legal fees necessary to actually launch their business. Then the applicant is incapable of raising remaining capital necessary to open their business and the state/local governments and their allied crony consultant and lawyer buddies get to keep all application and legal fees that the applicant has paid. And the business never launches. It’s like a boomerang of money being laundered through social equity doomed to fail so it goes directly back into government coffers. It’s rarely about actually helping advance equitable industry. The goal is typically to provide just enough funding to appear philanthropic and still set up the recipients for failure…while collecting the payments.

8 Likes

I’m still laughing at the idea of cannabis unions.

1 Like

Just when you thought this whole equity scam nonsense couldn’t get any stupider

9 Likes

It is a disaster in New York right now with a freeze on issuing any more CUARD licenses, resulting in a bottleneck in sales of products and backlog of inventory. Everyone is suffering financially due to this.

3 Likes

Well said. :metal:

1 Like

chicago and illinois allow big businesses to hire a black guy and call him an executive term so that they can scoop all the available licenses.

1 Like

No matter how much garnish you put on it it’s still a shit sandwich.
Racism is racism no matter how much you try to do the semantics games of trying to disguise it.

10 Likes

Affirmative action in the workforce and in schools is facing it’s end.

Let’s not worry about the color of each other’s skin.

Words are just words. This applies to all other colors of pigment too

Nobody here has to give into having the most diverse pie chart for tax cuts.

The irony is: any person who gets a handicap based on race is still experiencing racism. Same for sexism.

Whether it’s a school or a work opportunity, you’ve been subsidized if you count yourself. Participation in those surveys for jobs is the curse many blindly just join in.

That’s not for equality, it’s for diversity. They’re not the same.

One can hope for diversity but harm equality by placing handicaps and limitations on people’s opportunities based on skin tone / race / sex.

2 Likes

For some reason I wish it helped the mentally impaired and the disabled but I guess that’s more under equality then equity.

Welp :expressionless: :octopus:

Now I feel stupid for saying that because the mentally impaired and disabled are not entirely under represented.

2 Likes

Cause mentally impaired people would be a great fit for extraction or being in charge of something that can hurt people, there right hand person can be some one who can get away fast enough cause the first person was hired not for merit or anything like skills.

3 Likes

This industry will never see coca-cola level of peace. Oh such irony.

Rather fuck with cocaine and be recruited by the real protected big dogs who also are responsible for the largest loss of lives over a war ever. The cartel wars will come back to everyone’s doors and win. Because there is no permanent leader. Only production.

The real enemy imports coca leaves and poppy seeds with impunity while y’all fear over pot. This entire industry is a giant tragic comedy.
One worth pennies on the dollar.

You don’t see anyone flexing anymore do ya?

That’s because nobody can afford the current top of the line. Nobody wants to create and innovate when people can’t even afford basic priced hash or weed. Industry is stagnant AF and renaming rosin presses to try and keep hype and not lose out to mass producers. It’s a good time to have your lifetime supply and it no longer be your issue.

To win the game was to get out. :v:

2 Likes

Yes, this is a very sound business angle.

4 Likes

This video is funny and directly addresses this conversation here.

5 Likes

What I mean is and this is the best example of what I mean by mentally impaired and this person isn’t me: Is where’s the people giving the autistic person who goes to college for botanical sciences and is incredible at physics and math while able to adhere to every safety qualification and made Cannabis business a priority in learning everything possible.

Wheres the grant for the over qualified autistic or let’s say the medicated adhd person who learned everything possible like above.

Where’s the grants for the handicapped people on wheelchairs? Like the pyshcialy disabled?

Obviously I’m not talking about straight up by definition retarded people who are non functioning and require life care. I’m not talking about those people.

I’m talking about competent functioning neuro diverse humans and the physically disabled/handicapped.

Obviously it would limit someone a little bit but it wouldn’t make someone who has a short hand a bd business owner it just means they couldn’t be extracting or growing but working with customer service.

XD “punishments await you at the end.” :kissing_heart:

Hahahahaha clown world is real.

“I am a non human alter?”
“Wing disphoria?”

XD white women are so god damn different lol

Get real

Neo-pronouns?

Fuck my god damn life. We don’t speak seagull.

Jesus Christ we used to just call them English and women and gender studies majors in college. As we got them to join sororities and stop burning their bras 8===D~~~ :v::metal::rofl:

I hope they die in a fire, I can’t write that much. Lmao patriarchy power just seems so worth supporting after acknowledging these types exist. Hahaha shits hilarious

2 Likes

Someone questioning my privileges:

homelander-n0

The Illinois people held a press conference to congratulate themselves on awarding 45 cannabis licences to minority applicants, without mentioning that these were all transportation licenses, which cannot be used without a grow or dispensary license, which of course none of these minority applicants possessed or are ever going to get.

3 Likes