Soak time BHO

Okay, so the HTE was tested for potency, but was it tested for residual solvent?

1 Like

Yeah no residual solvent. everything was purged before testing

2 Likes

Yep. Still makes the question;

I’m mean guessing is all well and good, and knowing that you’ve got way more cannabinoids in your hte than most is certainly helpful, but the same simple test CBD isolate buyers use could actually confirm “fats & waxes”.

2 Likes

im super lazy, I let it soak whiile i make a dumb post on here- sometimes it soaks way too long. never more than ten minutes. I inject from the bottom and allow pressure to offgas out the top till its soaked. then I reverse it and push it all down

2 Likes

Please elaborate

3 Likes

Amazing like the first suggestion…

3 Likes

Methanol will drop out fats really easy. So if you have a concern of waxes or fats then dissolve extract in 5:1 methanol:extract and put the extract in a below freezer freezer for a couple minutes and your solution will become cloudy if it has fats and waxes present.

5 Likes

Same for acetone… whenever I prep samples for my GC, if it has waxes they crash instantly.

5 Likes

Fats wax and lipids make the extract thicker more gel like terps instead thin runny terps

6 Likes

on some level? is the fats and lipids mixed with what could be considered a bit more full spectrum? Or is all that stuff garbage? I use my lame waxy 2nd run bho to make a gummy and people seem to say it gets them high as fuck.

how scientific of your friends… what kind of potency do you think it has to get them “high as fuck.”

7 Likes

my guess is 40 mg per and a 3 gummy dose but some get too high off one. super mega stoners like 3 high as fuck means like you can barely get out the chair.

I prefer “high as a kite”

2 Likes

im a fan of helicopters so i should say that. my dog is named after a helicopter , To bring it back on topic- i remember things like dewaxing columns, I have one. I dont have a chiller but its an open dewax. I dont plan on ever using it but do those things work? Its 3 inch and i have made a larger system so i dont see using it. ive used it but not full of dry ice as a dewaxer just as a column

Correct terminology may vary:

2 Likes

Edit: You don’t need no stinkin’ dewax column my guy.

4 Likes

Fucking banger

2 Likes

What do you use instead of a dew column? I only use it for trim diamonds but still.

Just run colder would be my 2 cents.

With pre chilled butane (tank and injection coil) and my column on di, I can’t see how much I could improve my product with a dewax column tbh…

I’m sure there are some fats & lipids, but not enough to bother me or affect the viscosity of my terps/hte…

10 Likes

Going to save me a lot of time and yield. Thanks @Pupparoo

2 Likes