So we going to ignore opaline silica issues

Sorta. A company now is supposedly using this as a main ingredient in their media

Let’s take a guess who…

5 Likes

Media bros?

4 Likes

Fat dog cbd
Crx

Those two have granular products, I assume all granular media has it.

Chemtek also has one, but @Waxplug1 confirmed it is not opaline silica.

Edit: as promised, I edited this statement after Waxplug1 stated ultra clear has no opaline silica

12 Likes

@Curious_Roberto is sharp today…:rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Lol, I have a good memory and remember this being discussed in the opaline silica thread

7 Likes

Here’s where it’s being talked about for everyone, just to show I’m not shooting from the hip.

9 Likes

ITs gRanUlaR sO iTs sAfEr

9 Likes

I’m wondering if lightweight kitty litter is opaline silica.

honestly, it’s about the same density and looks exactly like some of the brands I’ve bought before.

I know some clay litter is just bentonite clay

6 Likes

The ultra clear is attapulgite clay

Here’s more information on it

3 Likes

Kitty litter is crushed atapulgite generally.

5 Likes

So wait, it doesn’t contain opaline silica? You said it was in that thread.

Is it changed? Because I just double checked, and @FamilyFarms asked how the pallet of opaline silica testing went, and what I quoted is what you replied directly to him.

If I’m mistaken, I’ll happily edit my statements, but from what I’ve seen, you said it was opaline silica.

3 Likes

When @Photon_noir shared his picture and started the first thread which is the sample size bottle picture he called it opaline silica which is why it’s being referred to it as that. However when I reached out to oil dri and sent them the same pic of the rvm sample they told me it’s the ultra clear

There’s a lot of different sources for these granular medias. We have a new granule size of the same Ultra Clear that’s very similar to sand at the beach The Ultra Clear S. It should help slow the flow down a bit where the granules are too fast and create a more even flow with it being more uniform in size. Well have it available this weekend

5 Likes

What mine was it sourced from?

I believe you, but this is should be a concern.

If you look at oil dri’s data sheet, they have three 16/30 rvm products, and each is a different mineral

agsorb_reference_guide.pdf (784.6 KB)

Of you’re getting it from the ca mines, it’s hydrous aluminosilicate. Only the ga mines products are attapulgites

2 Likes

2 Likes

Whether RVM or LVM if it’s from GA it’s attapulgite

2 Likes

If there’s a silica to worry about it would be this 7 part blend of who knows what

15 Likes

I heard the new thing is to fill your crc up with rock salt.

7 Likes

I edited my statement as I promised I would.

2 Likes

No worries happy to clarify

5 Likes

You guys don’t know about that new new

22 Likes