So.. Trying to blow the doors off of Crystallization

This stuff smells like Vicks its no bueno

maybe adding terps to the collection pot to allow them to mix evenly in uniform throught the oil as you do a normal run and then go into crystalizing it to see how that works?..

2 Likes

I’ll have to do a side by side witb every terpene isolate

3 Likes

You said limolene is too agressive on thca. Do you mean it will dissolve easier by that? If so im guessing cold temps will help reduce that and speed up crystalization at the same time, only when its mixed evenly in uniform of course. Ive added terps to oil in jars and mixed throughly but i never got the same uniform flavor as when i mixed by adding terps to the collection pot and letting the run come into it with my crcd oil

3 Likes

oh man so many variables. This sounds fun. Hey @j12 what strains do you typically run?

2 Likes

I have a rotation of my favorites. blueberry cheesecake, honey banana, grape cola to name a few favs but we are always hunting for new ones with unique terp profiles. My friends do the pheno hunting and then i’ll test them out and see how they do

7 Likes

Oh man, great discussion guys, I have noticed with my runs, now I have omitted sugaring, now it either crystallizes, forming decent diamonds, or non-nucleation, I have heard whispers that limonene is a troublesome one, and the only one I have had sugar as of recently, was Super Lemon Haze, I treated it the same as all the others, but it is nucleating differently. :thinking:

Now you guys are telling me to use terps as a solvent, and that is a wild concept to me.

So many variables!

So much data!

3 Likes

It really only makes sense if you have already removed the desirable terps because adding terpene isolates ruins the flavor

2 Likes

Whoa, that sounds really out there. Remove initial terp fraction?

Can this work with any crude? This is the first time I’ve read that.

Bho crude is always ideal

2 Likes

Thank you. The knowledge is appreciated!

I add a splash of butane and a few drops of terps when doing this

2 Likes

Ok, it’ll be a hot min before I’m able to mess with this.

Just so you guys know, I’m still toiling away, will be giving an update on my progress tonight, once I have finished this pull of diamonds.

1 Like

My last pull after separation, super happy! Little to no sugaring, some structures are of good diameter, since going to smaller vessels, I noticed average diameter is up, so progress is being made. Still nothing thats complete “OH MY” status, but some good chonkers in there.

9 Likes

So this is a little out of my depth - read a good chunk of the ots thread - for the meantime cause I haven’t had the chance to start mining, but what are the thoughts on applying the “principles” on rosin nucleation to diamond mining; As to my remembering too much lipid/wax content doesn’t make good for nucleation which is why buddering occurs easier when using the heads so use AO to precipitate out the majority of the waxes/fats from the bho crude then using the cleaned up mats, mining from there?

1 Like

Think it could apply, but sadly I don’t see a way around using solvents in that application. :neutral_face:

So far, I have gotten here, so, practice, practice, practice. (NOTE this is not the mean, but the best examples)

So still things to dial in to make a consistent thing, but I am elated for the progress made.

15 Likes

Oh those look like deadly rocks :fire:

3 Likes