So, Texas just passed Hemp CBD production and manufacturing.

Originally being from Houston, I moved out west years ago to pursue the dream and turn my “hobby” into helping others and my dear friends with Multiple Sclerosis. now, they just passed this bill, and they have 90 days to get it all “leveled out”. I’m really interested in TX becoming more lenient on CBD. Definitely interesting when I still own a ranch and warehouses that’s already built and ready to rock. Anyone else know more knowledge on the pace to start up? … hell, if anyones interested, I’d be down to open up shop and can provide most the equipment and building(s) :lab_coat::sunglasses:

3 Likes

It’s under hemp bill 1325.

I have quite a bit of knowledge on hb 1325.

2 Likes

My friend is the one who passed the knowledge to me. He was talking about how they would issue the licenses with favorable start up times as early as next year. What’s your input on the bill?

1 Like

Well it’s not the hemp license you need to worry about. One statement that came out of the senate was “untold amounts of revenue will be foreseen from penalties and fines”. Texas loves business and new markets but Texas loves making examples of people in new markets.

That’s the business of dealing with TX. No state income tax, but the property taxes just kill some people. I’m sure there will be hella taxes on what is sold in stores. Some people in Houston and SA have already opened with CBD shops. Only one raid took place since all have opened, and that raid ended up with no arrests. Funny things happening down there. Keeping me eye on it.

2 Likes

Houston expat here as well. I’ve voiced interest in my father in laws ranch and warehouse facilities for future CBD regulations coming. Looks like it’s on the cusp

5 Likes

Licensing departments for Hemp are finally hiring. https://jobshrportal.hhsc.state.tx.us/ENG/careerportal/Job_Profile.cfm?szOrderID=457292&szReturnToSearch=1&&szWordsToHighlight= I anticipate in 90 days or less we will see the licensing and the newest rules for retailers etc to go into place.

1 Like