So its your first day!?

Hello long time lurker first time poster. I see an awful lot of ‘its my first day, help!’ on here. So I figured id create a post for your first day blasting/extracting. Purging, making diamonds, or whatever it may be. I’ll put up what I have to offer in knowledge. I’ll do it in such a way as if I was explaining it to myself on my first day. For the sake of the post I’m going to keep things pretty general for now

SAFETY FIRST!! GOOD HABBITS AND BASICS WILL SOLVE 90% OF YOUR ISSUES!

Weather its your first day blasting or just getting through your first year, safety should always be the top priority. I very highly recomend an osha 30 class if you have no expirience working in a hazardous environment. Besides the general safety of PPE, Sops, and repitition, you have specific hazards relevent to working with hydrocarbons.
Make sure your work environment is safe, no outlets or sources of ignition around. Free from tripping hazards, extinguishers nearby. If you have equipment in the same room that you are blasting I have to insist that it is C1D1 rated. Static electricity is also a hazard, make sure to wear natural fibers. You can also mist yourself with water or have a humidified extraction room to keep the risks of static shock down. These are just a few examples of very basic safety in your environment. Its up to you as the extractor to maintain safety

These are just a few things off the top of my head, id love to hear all the first day monologues from those willing to share. Lets also have this be a place for all those first day questions!!

7 Likes

:cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::facepunch:

lel

2 Likes