So about this Keynote

So I’m giving a keynote presentation moderated by Director Brisbo next Thursday at 10:15am EST at the Midwest Cannabis Business Conference.

I’ll be talking about the process for providing feedback to legislators and regulators when new regulations are coming out. The topic is focused on the most recent round of public feedback and commentary regarding novel cannabinoids coming mostly from hemp products and the national state-by-state process for these statutes and regulations to happen.

Soooooo – what do you all want to know more about? I’ve been working with regulators and legislatures to get these kinds of things put into law and to change existing law and regulations for the last 12 years or so…

We’ll be taking questions - and after the presentation we’ll be able to stream the video.

What I want is questions from the masses. I’ve got a couple of questions submitted to me so far about how legislatures decide which things to regulate and which things to ignore. I’ve also got some questions about why not everyone is “heard” when providing comments, as some people always seem to feel left out of the process.

So please - tell me what you want to know.

12 Likes

It’s not about giving feedback that is never listened to or accepting the spin bs that comes back. It’s about legislators creating laws that consider the average fucking person - the unmoneyed entrepraneur, the sick, the disenfranchised and the families struggling under an increasingly oppressive system. Until that happens your efforts will fall on deaf ears on both sides of the gap you are trying to bridge. The times are changing and the corrupt take over of the traditional cannabis market must end.

3 Likes

So this is Thursday.

I still have one free ticket available.

So if you wanted to go - but you didn’t have the means. HMU and I’ll send you over the info to get registered.

Also - the after party is available to basically everyone.

Hope to see some of you there. I think the topic will be darn good. Wish I had more of your questions to throw at the regulators too.

1 Like

Sure…

Wanna ask Andrew why he feels the need to screw the caregivers over in Michigan and open them up for unannounced LEO inspections if they want to grow for another person? Having to get a special license at $500 just for that?

Nevermind… I know the answer…

Money, control and his own personal interest

Anywho… hope all goes well for your conference!

4 Likes

I don’t have much relevant to the focus of your topic, but it would be great to see them probed on their decision making process regarding home grow regulations. Seems Michigan is a state with a perfect home grow regs that actually allow one to grow an ample source of clean medicine that would be prohibitively expensive if purchased at an expensary.

Another related, still off topic question would be why can’t we home grow a few hemp plants without a hemp license?

Finally, the closest to on topic. Does the wide variety of novel, sometimes synthetic hemp cannabinoids being produced in order to get legal highs warrant legalization of marijuana, so we can avoid all the risks involved in getting high on hemp, and just smoke a plant with an amazing safety record?

4 Likes

Thank you both. I can definitely ask these questions tomorrow. And I’m super thankful that you put them forth. <3

2 Likes

Hope it went well!

2 Likes

I think it went pretty good.

We got to talk about some of these topics and the questions from the audience really forced us to elevate our conversation and talk honestly about these regulations.

I did get to talk to the other members about the politics of the new legislation - which it sounds like there is currently minimal support for. I’m working hard to get my comments on these crazy rules drafted up.

I don’t know how many of you are planning to attend the rules hearing on Monday - but I’ll be there testifying on our behalf.

When I get the video link I’ll share it here.

5 Likes

Please do! Thanks for repping those of us who can’t.

1 Like