Small scale automatic light dep kits

Looking for an auto dep kit for one or two small scale greenhouses yet to be constructed.
Automatic is the key word.
I’m Not the 20 or 30 sumptin anymore.
Did it the hard way many moons ago. Now looking for an automatic kit.
I’m familiar with commercial systems. Don’t want to spend $15-30k.
In the past I have saw advertisements for small auto tent type systems. Don’t think any companies lasted very long.
Are there any diy or complete systems that reliably works either inside or out covers on the market?

Just looking for information. Not starting a knowledge know it all bitch thread … yep you know who

3 Likes

https://www.yourggh.com/product/150-watt-dc-roll-up-motor/
I just put a couple sets of these in.

10 Likes

second hit to automatic green house blackout covers - Google Search

looks like it might fit the bill. price looks right. no clue on actual functionality. light dep is all they sell (so probably has a green tax built in…).

https://lightdepsolutions.com/product/auto-light-dep-blackout-greenhouse-kit/

3 Likes

I have thought of some different ways to do smaller scale LD. Just don’t have the time to implement something new.

My idea uses a transport path and a paper type curtains to envelop the growing area.

Any mechanical engineer peeps lurking in the midst?

Cheers

I’ll do some research and reach out to light dep next week to pick their brain.
But this looks like what I was looking for.

Thanks cyclopath

2 Likes

ebay the controller and motor buy the tarps locally. if you want it cheap and good diy it

3 Likes

I talked to a guy at a hemp conference two years ago who was building at greenhouse with a south facing angled roof made of thin aluminum shutters that opened and moved with the angle of the sun each day. It had a computer to control it. That’s what I would want.

2 Likes

we all can dream lol. mine is a 4000 sq ft auto light dep wallapini. its not a thing ive seen so i’d have to build it lol thats why i just bought a bobcat, very versatile machine.

2 Likes

Skid steers are amazing machines. I just wish they were more comfortable, for all day work.

4 Likes

The new Holland I use on the regular is super comfy imo

Really the only brand I have experience with though.

1 Like

Ya mine is 14 years old, definitely not very comfortable.

Be careful with those machines, they do break for sure

They flip to :face_with_hand_over_mouth: