Small Gas Chromatography unit SRI?

@SummerSRI thanks summer I know you guys aren’t selling it but are you still supporting the 311? I’ve got a lead on a nice condition used one.

Potentially. Give tech support a call at 310-214-5092, and they will give you more information on that matter than I could.

3 Likes

Is the Cobra compatible with the 310MM?

@cyclopath and other friends: i’m in need of some spoonfulls…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SRI-Instruments-GAS-Chromatograph-8610C-w-FID-Detector-and-H2-40-Hydrogen-Gen/274359090465?hash=item3fe1137d21:g:rcwAAOSwSTFetF6N

How far is this unit (or any other ebay ones) from being able to test for Cannabinoids? I’m trying to find the best way to get to basic in-house analytics here…

1 Like

It’s funny I emailed @cyclopath about this exact unit today.

This is what cyclopath told me I would need. We would like to have some testing here too. The BM is getting to scary

6 Likes

thanks @cyclopath :rofl: (and @Killa12345)

it sounds like maybe the $10k for a new 310 MM model might be my best bet…

2 Likes

@srihugh1 should take cash or money order on the 310 GC

1 Like

You can always have SRI take the unit and have them do a service on it and add any of the desired parts, in the end you’ll be well below that 10k mark.

4 Likes

As my grandpapi always said. “Cash is king”

3 Likes

Yep. They good like dat

3 Likes

I paid 400 for my 310 SRI with TCD detector, and then had them do about 600 bucks worth of work to it, so im in our second GC right around $1000

7 Likes

what are you using the TCD for?

Top secret stuff my dude!! :wink:

Just kidding, We use it to test different solvent ratios from our chromatography runs, We use a high methanol/methyl acetate mix to flush our c18 columns, then after that we fill the column with water.

So we use the TCD detector to test the methyl acetate/methanol/water ratios. and the methanol and methyl acetate ratios.

I personally hate the TCD detector though, half the time we run it the peaks are upside down. Every other time I run it I switch polarity on peak simple and then it comes out upside down again. its never consistent and its never repeatable. Peak simple also cannot flip the graph after the test is ran so im left rerunning until i get lucky and the peaks go the right direction.

3 Likes

@SummerSRI

If I bought a used 8610c would your fine company be able to refurbish it for Canna testing?

3 Likes

Peak simple can’t invert peaks? I thought you can perform simple arithmetic, so could take a blank run (just keep one saved) and subtract the inverted run from the blank. Or am I misunderstanding or just straight wrong?

I think @SummerSRI has wandered off. @srihugh1 still stops by on occasion.

And yes, my experience with SRI is that they are more than happy to take a used machine in and upgrade it. It’s been a while since they offered me a half price heated injector port upgrade, wish I had been able to afford it at the time.

5 Likes

an FID and their packed residual solvent column would probably do a better job.

@cyclopath

I have another SRI GC with FID for solvent testing but you cannot test water with and FID.

1 Like

Not after the run, and I would be fine if it said the area of the reversed peaks but it doesnt. :frowning:

they will 100% refurbish any sri unit. Hugh has stated that here a few times. you can also call their line to get more info.

SRI Instruments.
310-214-5092

5 Likes