My first run ever
Using Athena pro line and power si
Fed 2.7 ec till week 4 then fed 2.0 ec till now
Temp 75f - humidity 50%
I’ve been seeing clawing and burning that just started this week
And it seems like yields are kind of low very small popcorn nugs

it could be the strain?

3 Likes

What’s the medium and what is the ph/ec of your runoff?

Coco, and The ph going in is 6.0
I haven’t tested the run off yet but I will tomorrow

Hit them with some fresh water 2-3 times a week. Depending on how much your plants drink. I only feed 3 times a week. I fresh water the other 4 days. I go by no schedule or feed chart. Just whatever the plants showing me.

2 Likes

They look like they mix was on the “hot” side. I agree that they should be flushed. Start measuring runoff ec and ph at least once a week.

3 Likes

I’ve been feeding every watering and I water every other day sometimes every 2 days ,

They have never gotten just plain water ever in there life

I heard with coco you should always feed

1 Like

What should proper runoff in coco come out at ?
What Ph and ec range ?

Your lack of pruning has led to alot of small nuts vs a few large nugs.

3 Likes

Too many branches using too much energy ?

I prefer large nuts over small nuts :rofl:

In the beginning i hated chopping lower branches so I just let them grow out seems like that was a mistake

1 Like

It’s more about striping the lowers so they just have a nug at the tip.

2 Likes

Yea but his plants look to be cleaned up pretty good, plenty of light penetration, I leave a lot of my lower branches and get nice Hard nugs and still pull giant tops. Deff not overgrown by any means. Looks to be they got stunted for a period of time maybe a week or so of growth somehow.

3 Likes

Okay I gotcha , like palm treeing or lollipopping

Yea I never ran coco I just run hp promix and always done great! I’f you don’t have and Blue Labs pulse meter it would be a good investment. And a soil ph meter.

2 Likes

Yeah I cleaned them up a lot !
Plenty of light

I was thinking they got stunted as well but I couldn’t figure out the exact reason why , maybe just feeding too high ?

1 Like

I like ph strips.

2 Likes

Some strains i used to grow where small yielding and the plants look similar to yoursI wouldn’t worry too much plant looks good to me she’s just not a big yeilder

1 Like

I have a ph pen ,

No ppm or ec meter yet but will pick one up as a soon as possible

1 Like

Hard to say, you’ll find some strains will take a hammering of nutrients and some won’t. I would say they got locked up in week 2-3. You’ll have to start paying attention to the leaves on your next run, if the tips of leaves start to burn it’s usually a dead giveaway your right on the edge of the plants food needs. If your leaves have a fade from dark green to light green or yellow then you need more food. It’s just experience buddy, for your first grow it looks like you will have some nice smoke to burn and maybe be able to recoup some investment. Keep reading and wanting to learn and you’ll keep leveling up!

2 Likes

And yea I still would give them at least a fresh water in between 2 feedings in coco. Pot size is key also, to big of plant in little pot is gonna need food all the time witch isn’t a bad thing for a lot of growers, small plant in big pot when you feed it’s gonna take longer for plant to uptake all that food in medium and could be stacking to much of feeding all the time. This is where the pulse meter or a soil ec meter comes into play.

1 Like