Smacking my head issues with quality trim turning black oil

I agree our garden was reset so we have to buy greenhouse at the moment I am doing some crc and flavor is on point now. Just these damn yeilds , I stuck 50% propane today seemed to have helped for the 1st run after that it went to shit .

I noticed a little carbon got by and I am using 5 and 1 micron sintered and fabric filtering any tricks for that without making I lt a whole nother job to load materials and keep in place ? I did read the crc post juat not press available at the moment

1 Like

Try to think if anything has changed in your process or biomass. This will help narrow down the problem. Here are a few things I would check. Has anything changed in your biomass such as an increase in brown dead leaves? Iā€™ve always siphoned my biomass before loading the column. I built a wooden box using a chicken mesh screen that covers the top of a tote. Subzero temperatures eventually defrost. A good way to check if you have water in your system is to look inside your collection vessel during your recovery. If you see a milky film on the top layer of solvent than you have water in your system. Biomass needs to be dehydrated. Live resin runs will cause problems with water if you arenā€™t using a freeze dryer for prepping. Molecular sieves need to be regenerated often if your doing live resin runs traditional way. Are you vacuuming the system down continually while de-waxing? You might have water inside the recovery tank. You will need to empty the recovery tank and hand wipe the inside. This will ensure all of the H20 is gone and any impurities wont be injected inside the column. What is your RH inside the extraction room? I suggest starting a daily log and record everything. This will make you a better process operator.

1 Like

I honestly wish I did. Iā€™m fairly new to the CRC world myself so I canā€™t speak for what I donā€™t know. I do however hope you find a reasonable solution that isnā€™t too pain staking. Possibly try adding another filter disk in line or maybe even drop temps a bit