Show off your terpssss!

Deleted

6 Likes

Deleted

13 Likes

@phenethylamine1 whatā€™s with the mass post nuking?

7 Likes

5 Likes

Are these diamonds made from co2?

maybe itā€™s just me, but donā€™t distilled CDTs kinda smell likeā€¦ ass??
Iā€™ve never gotten any distilled CDTs that actually smell like the live concentrate/HTE. maybe Iā€™ve just gotten shitty terps? idk. Iā€™d love to be wrong on this.
:man_shrugging:t2:

Run small scale CO2 on an old thar. Cleanest iā€™ve extracted without filtering.

1 Like

I am distilling some right now and they smell amazing. Not sure how this is helpful but itā€™s true!

1 Like

Distilled CO2 Hydrocarbon extracted. And rosin extracted terps

6 Likes

You couldnā€™t have said it better. @phenethylamine1

1 Like

Hope out terp GOD is doing well out there, wherever he is :pray:

If your distilled CDTs smell like ass you are doing it wrong. Ones I make are by far the best terps that Iā€™ve smelled. Canā€™t just do a distillate run though and pull your volatiles and expect them to not smell like shit. Got to move with a purpose.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never tried to distill just terps. and my god, I donā€™t think anyone would ever even consider saving the ones from a distillate run. those smell like death.

I have gotten CDTs from 4-5 sources, all on this forum, and they just donā€™t smell as good as the HTE/Live resin Iā€™m used to. Idk if itā€™s because they are SO concentrated, they smell kinda different? or maybe they came off older trim runs and were just cleaned up vs. being from FF runs? Idk. Just smells different than some fire (unheated) HTE.

Not trying to hate on anyoneā€™s terps or process or anything. thatā€™s just my experience.

1 Like

The plant smell is much more complex than just terpenes.
Excerpt from a recent publication in ACS Omega:

The more processing you do, generally makes the resulting mixture less complex and further from recreating the original plant smell.

5 Likes

Lmfao, not gonna lieā€¦ There was this one time I saved the ā€œheadsā€ after decarbing some crude in the rotovap (mineral oil bath). It had sort of a dank myrcene smell to it mixed with a little ass, and I had the smart idea of making myself a little cart with it. Needless to say, it was terrible, not sure why I thought itā€™d be dank.

For the record this is not how I distill my CDT :laughing:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: bro I know that shit had to taste soooo bad lmaooo. thatā€™s awesome.

1 Like

thanks for this man. that makes a lot of senseā€¦
I have had some CDTs that smelled better than others, but even those seemed a little harsh. Saying they smell like ā€œassā€ was a bit of an exaggeration. They just smell a bit harsher than a jar of HTE. Probably due to their concentration after being processed to that purity, like youā€™re saying.

2 Likes

Terps from 7th Dimension 29g

A bit of ā€œBlue Cheeseā€.

1 Like