Show me your roots

The only way I give clones water is dumping a metered amount of water into the bottom tray

4 Likes

Yea if your using clone domes and Rockwood like that good humidity and a small bit of water in those little grooves will be enough for them youd be surprised how little they need if its got good humidity going!

Feed will vary by grower but thats about it. The most ive ever given clones is 1/4 strength veg but theres dedicated clone food and goodies as well. Gotta be careful with that stuff I cant count how many clones throughout the years I’ve lost to mold and over watering in those clone domes haha ive tried it all with those.

2 Likes

Yeah man soak the cubes leave the dome on for a few days then spray and yeah leaving a little water under neath keeps them moist. Not really wicking but like evaporations on to the cubes. Yeah then they wick with the roots for up to a week or so.

2 Likes

Thanks dude. We recently had a storm and our cloning machine went without power for sometime. I’m going back to rockwool cubes.

4 Likes

I think I get better rooting rate with the rockwool and the transplant is a little easier. Although I still use the machine as much as possible

3 Likes

I always have bad luck with anything other than my aero cloner or the compressed peat plugs. I like to take big cuts so a dome is kinda tough and i like i can veg for a minute in the cloner if need be.

3 Likes

Another way to hack it is the 2’x4’ parabolic lens for fluorescent lights cut to fit your tray. With a standard tray and dome I get about 5 of them out of a $10 lens. Been doing it with this for 15-20 years.

8 Likes

Here’s my take on cloning… I think there’s a strong correlation between the sugar content of the mother plant and cloning success and quality. When it comes to clone size the bigger the better. More nodes equal better faster callus induction. To get roots to explode out of your cutting you have to have a good callus induction. To induce a callus in a timely fashion in peat, rock wool, or any other type of plug it has to dry out. Cuttings do not need much light during callus induction… and I think to much light squanders the set amount of sugar that is in the cutting during this phase. Once you have successful dried your plug while simultaneously inducing a callus and tempering you cutting to lower humidity then it’s time to root. Wet your plugs from the bottom ONLY and place them under STRONG lights. I go from callused to rooted ready to transplant in under 24 hours.

6 Likes

You root clones in 24hrs?

2 Likes

I induce callus in 3-6 days, then roots in under 24 hours.

2 Likes

7 Likes

That pic is from a plug I ripped in half less than 12 hours after moving to stronger lights after callusing

3 Likes

Looks good.

Ihort.com makes a much better preformed plug.

Ayyyy just took these two off the paper towels. They’ve been going for about two weeks in between misted pepper towels inside a ziplock baggie.

Strain: LSD
SeedBank: ILGM/ILoveGrowingMarijuana

5 Likes

This was a couple weeks ago

13 Likes

Not to many people running Aessese. Where you guys out of?

3 Likes

Central CA

1 Like

Roots growing up out of the coco.

4 Likes

This

7 Likes