Short Path Distillation 5L

Suggestions, and experiences are greatly appreciated here… Anything SPD is worth learning, aiming for high percentages…

Isn’t the spoon response still appropriate here at least?

6 Likes

If vac is deep, mantel temp high and vapor temp remains the same what’s my problem? I’m guessing stir bar???

I’m confused. What are you asking? Did your test result come back bad, but you had deep vac and low heat?

I am struggling to find the reason why the head temp will not budge. While mantel heat keeps rising steadily to set temps. No vapor…

Hmm you mean like stuck at 140°C or stuck at nearly room temp?
Just to confirm your vacuum levels are good?

Not all heads retain heat the same. I been seeing all kinds of crazy temp differences with all these heads in the game. Some hold heat better than others on a XD head I have seen 12c difference and on a summit head I have seen 0-2c difference from the head to mantle. What kind of mantle are you using as well as stir bar and tons?

1 Like

read!

start with: I make terrible distillate....why?

3 Likes

Stuck at 32 degrees Celsius

Vacuum is great. Mantel temp great. The vapor won’t change. I do suspect my stir bar is not working at its full potential.

what do you have your condenser set at??? if your system can handle it…get your condener as hot as it will go…We run ours at 145-155c

2 Likes

Can you define “vacuum great” a little better?

What is your current mantle temp?

How did you decarb/devol?

Vac is .097 decarb on hot plate

Mantel temp 100-165 to start up

F or C? small difference

1 Like

Without units neither of those numbers are super informative. But you’ve used C up thread so I’ll assume C.

If you decarbed on a hot plate, you should still have at least some volatiles in there, and should certainly be boiling something at 165C.

How many CFM is your pump. What is it’s blank off value? (How deep a vacuum can it pull without your system attached).

I think your rig is leaking. But need additional data.

2 Likes

How full is your flask? Is in insulated well?

Ok got it, huge fat leak in vacuum hose. :persevere: thank you all for the information. Helped me thoroughly troubleshoot My system.

1 Like