Shipping Issues, Freight Forwarding and Heavy equipment Carriers impacted, FYI!

Hey all, not sure if this is the best section to categorize this or not, but feel free to move it over if you feel it would be more relevant somewhere else.

Just something for all of y’all to be aware of, there are some major freight issues going on across the US/N.America. Not just the UPS strike but issues w/ other carriers. Yellow/YRC and it’s subsidiaries are shutting down. Other freight companies are experiencing huge delays and according to my freight broker some are circling the drain.

Yellow Trucking to go out of business. .
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/28/business/bailout-trucking-firm-yellow-yrc-shutdown.html

Why is this cannabis related? Well, unless I’m just special, we tend to need equipment ordered, shipped, delivered, etc… Freight delays are not great for any business, and can effect production plans/buildouts/etc…
Just wanted to put this up here so y’all could be aware and plan accordingly. Maybe look into local pickup options, or hire secure different freight options.

This YRC/Yellow thing is not great, I have (half) of a Root Sciences 70-5 (part 1 of 2) floating in the breeze SOMEWHERE. It got shipped, but only half made it here, and YRC is not exactly answering phonecalls/emails rn. Fun! Private purchase not from RS, we have a video of it going ONTO the truck, but tracking has no record of where it is/went.

10 Likes