Shimtadzu Lab solution software

Hello all,

Does anyone has the Shimtadzu Lab solution software that can share?
I need to uninstall the current version and reinstall it but I don’t have the CD any more.

Thanks

2 Likes

Probably best to reach out to customer support. The software is pretty expensive and trying to get access from anywhere but them could be a big headache.

Do you have the usb key that has the software license? I’d call customer support they should help. If not I might be able to send a copy but I don’t know if it’s tied to the license

1 Like

Yes I have the license and I am good on that. It is just that Shimatzu technical team requires to pay them at spot visit to do the reinstallation. They don’t share any link to download the software. I have Labsolutions already installed but I get an error [ (190b) Failed to start up the Labsolutions]. Thus I want to try to uninstall and reinstall the software before I call Shimatzu again.

1 Like

You need to stop LSService by opening “Services” and selecting LSService and click “stop the service.” You can get to Services by opening the task manager.

Navigate to C:\LabSolutions and delete all files in the “Work” folder. (this will not affect data)

Navigate to C:\LabSolutions\Log folder. Under the “Log” folder, delete the following files, LSSLocalLog.mdb and LSSLog.mdb. Make sure NOT to delete LSSLocal.Log.mdb.template.

Reboot the computer and see if LabSolutions starts, if not, proceed to the next step.

Navigate to C:\LabSolutions\system folder. Under the System folder, delete the following files:
ShimadzuAttestObstacle.mdb
ShimadzuAttest.mdb
LSSProfileObstacle.mdb
LSSProfile.mdb
LoginManagement.mdb

Then reboot the computer.

https://www.chromforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=106024

I recommend copying and pasting into a temp folder vs deletion but seems like this should solve the problem.

If you continue to face issues, you can send me a message.

@Killa12345 any relation to “killachemist” ?
I know you can test for goodies :grin:

6 Likes

Moveweigh you are a hero! I had done the first part and didn’t work. But now with the second part worked nicely! :slight_smile: Thank you for your advice !

2 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail #1188. please start a new topic next time

HI moveweight, thank you for providing the info. We had a power outage a month ago and I am getting the same error (190b). Labsolutions will not load.

I tried all the steps you recommended but the Labsolutions will not open and I am getting the same error.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi PharmPhD,
what is the make and model of the PC that has lab solutions on it? Is it DELL?

I was reading somewhere that DELL computers tend to have those issues.