Shimadzu HPLC mobile phase prep

Alright so sadly we lost our analytical guy at my spot and I am waiting on someone to come out and do maintenance on the HPLC. I know how to run a sample and I know the base line rule of don’t let any of the liquids on top run dry. My mobile phase B is running low. I know it is acetonitrile, 0.1% phosphoric acid but I don’t know if there is some specific process I need to do to mix these up. I remember the guy would sonicate this if I’m not mistaken. Really don’t want to fuck the HPLC up by letting it go dry or mixing mobile phase B incorrectly. I’m usually pretty good at finding information via the search but having trouble finding a clear answer on proper preparation. Any links for further reading would be greatly appreciated. :pray:

4 Likes

HPLC mehodology.pdf (5.9 MB)

5 Likes

Sonication under vac was likely to remove dissolved gases in the solution. Always filter buffers after adjusting pH, buffers should be made with appropriate HPLC grade or equivalent water.

Do not run it dry. Nothing good will come of that.

6 Likes

Your spoons are greatly appreciated :man_bowing:

2 Likes

degassing is also sometimes done as part of the HPLC system. Do you see any helium tanks nearby? Once your solution has been made, bubble helium through it for 5 minutes or so to degas

6 Likes