Shed lab heat exchanger?

So I’m looking at a new place and im thinking a 10x20 shed delivered to house all my extraction equipment makes sense. I’m having trouble figuring out how to climate control it.

I’m gonna put two words together that will get me roasted but here she goes…

Is there a cheap easy way to exchange the heat? It gets cold in my neck of the woods. I know I’m far from the first to use a shed so how’s everyone dealing with climate control?

Install proper split hvac. Boom. I’ll send my bill in mail.

Carhart, Duluth and long johns…

Use that cold to your advantage lol

My set up is outside in a lean to…

6 Likes

Is that another patented idea I need to pay you a royalty on :rofl:.

If venting at a rate sufficient to remove any fumes I wouldn’t think a mini split would keep up without some sort of heat exchange on the ventilation. Also seems really wasteful. This is the part I’m trying to figure out. I’m no hvac pro but when searching heat exchanger nothing looks safe to remove fumes while exchanging heat.

2 Likes

Yeah bro I’m not outside right now but based on ventilation it mine as well be so I’m use to the struggle.

I love my CLS being outside. I’m sure distillation equipment etc would be a different story…

Using snow for the tanks, god i dont miss those days.

2 Likes

I did a run passive last winter with n butane and snow lol

It was also close to 0f outside…

Running iso now, wouldn’t work very well I’m sure…

Will your shed be a single room?

My shed has a partition wall, and the idea is to keep sparky bits on the other side of the wall. The heater for my shed is in the other room. Just kind of heats passively. I’ve never been extracting and though “it’s kinda chilly in here” so I guess it’s working. You should be G and install floor heat to get those free butane vapors heated lol

4 Likes

Radiator?

1 Like

That actually wouldn’t be a bad idea. Use an instant water heater and run that plastic pex or whatever stuff on the floor and then raise it half inch.

4 Likes

As long as having the heat on the bottom isn’t a safety issue…plumb the floor into the outlet of your collection to not have to build another separate water heating system. Drop a couple pumps in line to keep flow up…rock and roll

2 Likes

I would valve the collection for when it’s not needed to heat, or when you want your solvent to start cooling for pour. And it can still heat the floor. Granted, I’d probably want them different temperatures, it would still work and it’d be easier for duder (OP) to complete this task and take care of another in the process

1 Like

Id head off grid fill the bed of the truck up at the summit and it would last all week and then do it all over again next week. This was way before anyone would deliver dry ice and people just started selling bulk tanks

4 Likes

@Concentrated_humbold Damn bro…that’s some OG hills shit

2 Likes

Gotta do what you gotta do, wouldn’t want to do it again but we all start somewhere.

2 Likes

For C1D1 rated heating you can use a catalytic propane heater. They are reasonably priced and can often find used ones on ebay etc. Popular in ice fishing shacks up here too.

Straight from the wolf tit.

1 Like

if you run enough ovens and vac pumps they will condition the space! #passiveheat
if its just for extraction then run it cold, it will only make you work faster.
i had a 25’ box trailer with two spaces, cold space with air exchange for extraction and insulated space where i kept the ovens, they were both pretty cold in the winter. make sure you keep your vac pumps warm, they dont like to cold start.

2 Likes