Shatter vs crude please help

Ive been making shatter for many years. My question is what is done differently to make crude? There’s obviously a huge difference in the way it looks. I understand crude has all the fats and lipids. But shatter looks like glass and crude like poop. I want to start doing crude. So how do i go about having it come out so differently. Is it the temps of the tane? Im assuming you would use room temp tane for the extraction as opposed to cold so as to leave in all the fats and lipids. Please help

Just do your normal tek, but dont bother purging traditionally. Collect everything in a big stainless steel pot and decarb/ purge on a digital induction hotplate

1 Like

Ok thanks. but I’m still with the question why does the crude looks do different coming out of the extractor? And so what temp and how long on the hot plate?

All the info is on this site for free if you search your individual questions but if you would like some help I can offer a consult. Dm and we can discuss more

2 Likes

Thanks man im new here so I’m still learning how to get around on this forum icouldn’t even respond to you. amazing info that’s for sure. Its like im back in school again lol just been reading non stop thanks again

2 Likes

You’re Welcome!

Crude often looks like garbage because well… most is made from it.The material you are running is probably better than most of the trim that the crude labs see. Trim is often a year or older when made into distillate because it lost its first chance at extraction or was improperly stored. The old material coupled with a hasty extraction where temp, time, moisture, ext are not a factor creates a significantly darker product. you ever extract some trim that looked like road tar? boom crude!

1 Like

Beautiful , This is what people typically expect when asking easily explained questions.

1 Like

Thanks brotha! Had no idea this info was on here just kind of skipped around to see what’s on the data dump, enough reading to last a year. Looks like all my free time is filled. lol thanks again!!

1 Like

Actually ive never extracted road tar looking material since all my stuff was from my farms and was only a week old. doesn’t answer my questions but all good. I guess i should just look for old garbage material j/k

Run your normal sop. Compile it, winterize, reduce and decarb… boom… crude.

2 Likes