Shatter to crumble using taffy tek

Attempted @OilExtractions taffy tek today. In a nutshell I streched my shatter until it was metallic and let it sit in the oven for a little bit (30 minutes) and repeated. After I reached my desired consistency I let it sit in the oven at 100F for an hour. It produced a hard toffee-like product. In a slab it resembled badder but it was stretchy and kind of a pull and snap. Why didn’t it turn to crumble? Does it have to do with the strain (durban poison)? Did I leave it in the oven for long enough? Thanks!

3 Likes

Just whip it right outta the collection pot should set up and be done in a few hrs.

6 Likes

beautiful work either way!

1 Like

I’ve always wondered why some go around there ass to get to the elbow

2 Likes

We have a 70% potency cap. In ohio so if my shatter comes back over potency I have to add cbd disty to it. Thought i might as well try this taffy tek before adding the cbd. Planning on whipping some out of the collection pot next time

4 Likes

Ohios medical laws are pretty wack imo fwiw

5 Likes

Oh your in ohio, hows that all going? What part, we were gonna set up in johnstown

1 Like

Toledo area. Not easy with the pharmacy board overseeing everything.

Ya the whole situation was way different than it is out here, im originally from Cleveland so was semi stoked to come back and set up there. I did like the limited amount of applications accepted so it would be a yr or 2 before the market was saturated and we had a good spot and same business model from out here, still have alot of connections in the athens area and cincinnati.

2 Likes

After you pull it like taffy stick it in a mason jar @110-115°f and give it a whip for a more baddery consistancy, no whip it’ll end up like sugar

2 Likes