Shatter is auto buttering

Absolutely.

I recommend you use the search bar though. This has been explored repeatedly.

“Auto-butter” is equivalent to “wants to be sugar” in my whirled.

Try: Search results for 'sugar whip' - Future4200

When the butter it is strong; you must whip it.
If the boss he says it’s wrong; you must whip it

13 Likes

Trust me i tried the search bar before writing this stupid question. I knew i would get called out on it and i did it anyway. I mean look at me im a god damn criminal. Love your whip it joke. Thanks for the help bud. Always appreciated.

Explore the search I posted then. It looks productive to me…

4 Likes

Doing that now.

1 Like

…and I do realize how futile this might seem.

my repeated attempts on that front make me almost unemployable.

9 Likes

I played that game for years. If it wasn’t shatter, the boss threw it back at me. My solution at the time was to winterize in ethanol. Lose those excess terps and fats, and get glass every time.

Then he discovered live resin…and quit bitching about it.

7 Likes

Got a pic of slab?

To sugar I usually just take the slab and put in jar(s) and place in oven starting at about 100°f slightly increasing heat every couple hours or so if sugaring doesn’t occur.

2 Likes

You can always throw it back into the collection pot, redisolve and pour out as shatter restarting the cycle, however the buddering is happening due to lipids/fats in your oil. You can help mitigate this by adding clarification medias such as UltraClear, Activated Alumina, or Silica in your runs to help pull these phospholipids/sopas/fats. Im sure you already know but try to chill your solvent as cold as possible as well. These lipids are what gives the oil some cloudiness when chilled and cause instability in shatter. Removing them will definitely prolong the shelf life of the oil in shatter form. Only other way to help mitigate this is by winterizing.

4 Likes

As of now i am trying to get the solvent to -30c or so. I dont have the means to get colder at this point. Soon i will have a -80c chiller running on the solvent tank and post chiller.

Trying this now so no picks of slab. Do you also whip when your raising the temp? Whats your max temp?

Nope. That will take you other places. If you already have nucleation, there is no need to agitate to initiate.

By all means go there, cause hey the boss wants more skus.

So show him some…then educate him :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Dropping dry ice in your -30 chiller is not an option (or am I supposed to remember that you can’t get that?)?

1 Like

I am currently going to switch my coolant in the chiller to ethanol. Right now i am running a 50/50 proplyene glyco distilled water mix and the pump is having a hard time pumping due it the viscosity of the fluid. So maybe when i switch to ethanol i will give this a shot. Just waiting it to come in.

Do you do this under vacuum?

it might not like pumping fizzy either. tread slowly. you want to be very gentle with your additions. you’re NOT trying to make a slurry at -78C, you’re trying to assist your chiller down to -40 or -50.

if you do try this, it it absolutely imperative that the coolant has a free path back into the reservoir at all times.

other wise you risk imploding your rig from pressure building up in the jacket.

(you know: something like THIS)

most chillers will have a check valve on the output line, so that coolant doesn’t back flow when the system is shut down. if you’re connecting your system to your chiller with QC fittings, either remove them or don’t try this trick.

2 Likes

No vacuum. Max temp really depends on quality. Highest i want on good material is 105-110°f. Lid on jar. No whip

1 Like

Using agressive acidic medias like t41 or perform6000 will help yield a harder oil. They strip terpenes more thus making a stabler shatter

3 Likes

blondes they must have, and all of it shatter…diamonds they want, because terps they don’t matter?

CRC taste like shit change my mind

8 Likes

Lol. Like the Dr. Suess rhyme.

2 Likes