Shatter Cartss

What are yalls opinions on running straight bho vs decarbed bho in your carts?

1 Like

straight bho is a pain imo. Mixing with disty or partial decarb + terps to prevent it from solidifying

Unless you run so that there’s no waxes/other inpurities, can make for good thca

1 Like

I’ll be trying some things out but I think decarb under blanket gas or pressure might be what the doctor ordered

1 Like

Save those terps!

1 Like

This doctor has certainly performed that trick.

BHO & EHO full decarb in sealed vessel.

Leave lots of headspace

4 Likes

Okay gents, pass the spoon for a worthy cause

Trying to get an idea how much THCa can make it into a cart without being a problem. Obviously there are a bunch of factors but I’m in a jackpot where I’ve got some oil that’s like 40% d9 and 40% THCa and wondering if I can get away with carting it up without further decarb.

Also, I want to know the answer for science of course

Also, first time trying to make one of these things:

• Full decarb no matter what
  • 10:1 d9:THCa
  • 5:1 d9:THCa
  • 3:1 d9:THCa
  • 50/50
  • 2/3 THCa
  • More acidic cannabinoids

0 voters

2 Likes

Id hate to vote because I can only guess, but I’d say 2:1 or more. It could also depend largely on the cart as well, a thicker wick could get plugged with crystals and not allow further liquid flow. Perhaps the no wick direct ceramic/heating element cart type would help reduce clogging when/if the thca separates.

Clogging sucks so I tend to decarb as much as possible to avoid complaints/returns.

1 Like

Winterize decent shatter in 10:1 iso or ethanol for 2-3 days

Roto vap until all solvent recovered

Magnetic stirrer until 150 or so. Add terms I’d needed

Put in Cart farm and let warm for 20 minutes.

We do this with ascent carts and get great results and feed back. Small scale just for family.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to avoid of course. This is one of them things where I know I’m going to feel stupid if I try to cut corners but fuck the stuff has been sitting in Pyrex for a month without sugaring up. Also using ascents and we’ve never had a clogging issue before but then again, I usually try to do stuff the right way lol

1 Like

If it hasn’t dropped any thca by now, it probably wouldn’t in a cart either would it?.

I’d say that’s probably good as is if it’s still homogeneous.

1 Like

That does lead me to a silly question that I honestly don’t know, would they be burned at the same rates?

Like towards the end of a cart would it still be 40/40 d9/thca?

1 Like

I would imagine they would stay as homogeneous as they were when the cart was filled unless the THCa crystallizes

2 Likes

I’ve had stuff set for months in jar as the hte fraction…load up and in few days it’s all.chunkybwas thicker terps I didn’t run cold enough, maybe that.hendered it fr.crashinh

2 Likes

That’s weird, I would have never thought that.

1 Like

That is interesting. It’s not like nucleation is the issue in that instance because I imagine that HTE was in a jar with crystals already. Maybe if it was a very viscous HTE and the THCa couldn’t transport through it. This stuff has been sitting in a proofing rack that’s like 90 F cause it’s hot AF in our lab right now lol so that’s less likely to be an issue

2 Likes

I believe sometimes heat can keep thca dissolved in hte. Bc it acts like solvent. Dropping the temp can lower the solubility helping but this didn’t either idk… Moment loaded into carts and in hot car bam.it got.thick andchunky

I’ve had carts crash out more towards the end, I’m not at liberty to expirement with ratios, but I would say things definitely make their way to the coils at different rates, I would imagine because heat from the coils radiates into the contents of the cart in an irregular fashion, cuz of usage intervals maybe and just simple repeated heating and cooling.

1 Like

Might want to check out the Liberty V9 carts. They are pretty durable as far as wax issues. They can do non winterized products, full grams. But maybe I got lucky in my supply chain .
Edit: they still have their fare share of sucking and puckering, but they are a Beast of a tank.

1 Like

A full gram of crude ish non winter?

I did not know that.

I’m sure I’ve missed a bunch of the cart threads lately…

I’m not 100% sure of that.
I have a liter of crude, but I’m not willing to endure that ordeal.

Fucket…for science…il get one of my goons to do it… I love having a Mike on my team. All ways willing to take one for the team…