Set up complete

This guys seems to be just trying to prove concept he can grow some weed. Let’s help the guy out

5 Likes

To be fair, he did say raise the light which isn’t wrong.

2 Likes

Hey I’m at anyone and everyone’s disposal! I have over 3500 plants currently on my property and been growing commercially for over 10 years :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

So what’s your tips for a first timer like op?

Besides go big or go home lol.

1 Like

Environment is everything.

6 Likes

Always start from reliable, reputable, healthy clones!!! I can not stress enough how ridiculous it is that every grower starts from some pollen chucking Instagram hype beasts seeds. Grow what already worked easy for someone else and has proven results…

Genetics are the most important part of starting a cannabis grow. I sure would love to be Lebron James, but I’m white and neither of my parents are 6 feet tall, or athletic…

Healthy soil full of nutrients is your friend!! Soil has an extreme tolerance for your watering fuckups. Slowly build up to feeling comfortable giving your plants nutrients and always start at a quarter of the recommended dosages and build your plant up to where it needs to be!!

PH of water is extremely important. I fluctuate small amounts between 6.2-.6.5 in my plants whenever I grow with organic soil. Get a reliable PH meter and never water without knowing what PH it is

Water more frequently, not give them more water! Plants absolutely love when you’re strategically feeding them when they’re expecting them.

Microbes are your friend!! Healthy roots + fulvic acid mean healthy plants! Get yourself a recharge microbe pack off Amazon and thank me later.

EC meters / PPM meters ( electrical conductivity) is crucial once you start getting into heavy feedings. You have to know what you are feeding your plants before give it to them. You will eventually start being able to tell what they need, before they even need it using a correct nutrient regiment.

LESS IS MORE!! Cannabis plants don’t take some self proclaimed master grower to sing Opera to it every night to produce these nugs you see on Instagram. It’s following a regiment that works for YOU and sticking to it

6 Likes

So your not growing in soil @ChiefSmokey240, but homie gave some good advice.

Go over @FicklePickle’s posts about rdwc, not exactly the same either, but he kills them buckets.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I can give him a million tips about hydroponic growing, but honestly I think it’s the absolute worst way to learn how to grow a cannabis plant. There are so many variables and it takes one watering to fuck up your entire grow. Very small margin of error.
I would honestly suggest putting that setup in the closet/garage until you really learn how to work with a cannabis plant…

4 Likes

I unfortunately have to agree with you that hydroponics is more difficult to learn on. Small mistakes can be the difference between eating steak or top ramen until the next crop.

Once you dial in on all your parameters, it’s basically autopilot and fat yields.

5 Likes

I agree with you on that one, soil is the way to learn. It’s much more forgiving to mistakes for sure.

Keep us posted op

2 Likes

This set up is no where near complete. Still missing a few things. Planned on raising the pump, the lights are hung that way just for now until I can find a better way. They are currently 1000w bulbs but I was planning to go down to 600. Once I get a fan and heater and plug in every thing, I’ll play around and make sure I get the environment perfect before I pop. I’m starting with a Big Bud plant and a White Widow. This will be a long process of trial and error I get that, but I am in school for this and I feel like I have obtained the knowledge to get me to this point and once I start I know I can figure it out. I just want to start now and hopefully have a good harvest to kind of help me get a job, I just need a little experience.

@ChiefSmokey240 in all seriousness, find some better genetics if you’re going to try to use the results of this grow to impress a future employer. Good luck!

3 Likes

love the tenacity but you could’ve gone the tent route

3 Likes

ilgm.com seed bank is legit. I got the “Chemical Strain” mix pack which included 5 chemdawg seeds, 5 LSD seeds and 5 Green Crack (Crush) seeds when it was on sale. Only seed bank I ever use it’s super reliable. ilgm stands for i love growing marijuana

2 Likes

Always the contrarian, what I will say about growing in DWC is you get a much better understanding of each individual component. Yes, you’re more likely to fail but I feel like the learning is better.

Similar in a way to teaching people to weld. Most people learn mig or stick first because they are “easy” (and also accessible). Once you learn to TIG though, you get an independent understanding of each variable and it becomes much easier to learn to weld with other processes.

Just my 2C. You have to be a bit of a masochist and be okay killing some plants to start with DWC IMO

4 Likes

If that’s a vortex fan it cant be on the ground like that unless its attached to a charcoal filter. Those things are like a turbo it’ll suck up on that tarp plus its gonna be choked being like that.

Good luck bro! reminds me of 15 years ago just stay at it and keep learning! Botany was fun in college for me!

I did dwc in a top floor apt and it was too much stress worrying if it would leak. I was lucky and it didnt. I wouldnt run it without floor drains. average cost for water damage is 10k.

5 Likes

Oh bro for the love of fucking god do not grow White widow or big bud?!? It’s 2020?!

Send me your address and I’ll send you two free cuttings of some absolute fire. I’m all about helping people out trying to get into this industry. You can also message me on Instagram directly for more help @Deshazzo

9 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/42-sqft-Solid-Reflective-Grow-Box-Room-Mylar-Film-Foam-Insulation-Vapor-Barrier-/143544945860

Could use this stuff to make your closet reflective. Though you’d have to install adequate ventilation/cooling.

A dehumidifier is also a nice touch to remove humidity as well as a terrarium fogger on a humidity control to set humidity, though ultrasonic humidifiers are the most ideal.

You could remove that door and use a cheap replacement that’s hollow wood and cut out a hole for ducting.

I heard stories about old school hippies lining their closets with tin foil, which never really worked out well.