Seperation of CBN from THC Distillate

Hello fellow extractors,

i have been extracting the terps from my flower via steam, drying out flower again, and running it thru an ethanol extraction and then distillation. in the test im running on my disty im seeing upwards of 5% cbn in my final product and was wondering if anyone has found any creative way around seperating CBN from their Thc disty?

I have never tried it. But can say the boiling point if CBN is 185.

1 Like

Do you use simple or fractional distillation?

simple i suppose, we use a wiped film evaporator, we have a short path set-up, but its about 30kg of disty with 5.5-6.7% CBN

1 Like

Is you SPd kit a 5L? A fractional column helps see the in between stuff the boils out to a vapor. The fractional may be the trick. But it takes practice, I would assume. Maybe someone will come aboard who has done this. I’m interested myself to separate some if the components.

1 Like

There’s no way I know of to do this with good yield unfortunately. Short path won’t really do much and may even add extra CBN if the separation is done too carefully

2 Likes

It would be so tedious.

In this case, it really is an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure - best way to separate CBN from THC is prevent the degradation in the first place. If you are pulling terps with hot steam though, then putting it in an oven afterwards to dry it out that will be very difficult to accomplish.

5 Likes