Seperating THC from our CBD distillate

Yes, it will, with the right parameters.

1 Like

You are saying if you have a good enough vac with a long enough evap column with ceramic raschig rings you can seperate these two. I am assuming you are speaking about 1-2 grams or you think this a scalable technique?

2 Likes

You can message me

1 Like

We just got a very similar result on R&D test today, auto crystallized instantly but less than 10% of starting weight???

is this something that can be done on a large scale?

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know. Iā€™m just hand waving here. This is all theory.

2 Likes

I honestly havenā€™t read through all the comments on here but you shouldnā€™t have THCA in your CBD distillate. There are some very quick methods for Isolating the CBD from your distillate but if you are looking to retain all of the minors your best bet is to convert the THC to CBN and then distill.

10 Likes

Do you have experience converting THC to CBN without altering whatever CBD is present?

2 Likes

I 2nd @Krativeā€™s question! I love the idea, but itā€™s almost as if CBD(a) is more rapidly reactive than THC(a) when it comes to pretty much everything but decarboxylation. In other words, it likes having that 3rd OH (carboxylic acid) group to balance itself, but its potential toward other reactions like isomerization and oxidation is much higher than that of THC, from what Iā€™ve seen. Iā€™m sure it can be done with protection, but otherwise, I think it would go to CBN more easily than THC does, despite the fact that it has further to fall than THC. A million dollars for your thoughts? :thinking:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve done this many times with 100% success and without damaging any CBD that was present. This method definitely works.

4 Likes

Change to CBN and then distill ?
So You manipulate your crude with a process that converts thc or thca ?
To CBN and then distill the crude
And after distillation You decide whether You leave as Distillate or isollate ?
Please fill in My blanks :grinning:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! Rock on! What are your highest starting THC/CBD percentages in a batch? What were the results? Expiring minds want to know!
:link::chains: Get it? Rolled steel! :yum:

2 Likes

THC was like 2% max and CBD was 63% roughly. To be honest we maybe lost a % or 2 during the process so by the end the oil was 61% but nothing to fret over I feel.

4 Likes

This does not involve an acid Iā€™m assuming?

1 Like

it does not

1 Like

So what is the process of converting THC to CBN and keeping CBD intact? Iā€™m guessing its not the toulene and iodine reflux, as that degrades both CBD and THC.

4 Likes

Its stupid that we even have to try to separate the two molecules for ā€œcomplianceā€. Nature bound them together so tightly for a reason.

12 Likes

What if somebody is extremely sensitive to the high from THC but needs pain relief?

3 Likes

Anyway, it seems you are unwilling to share your techniques. Is that the case?

1 Like

Itā€™s his trade secret, of course! Nobody is obligated to share their valuable knowledge, but I will bet you the information is already out there. :wink:

9 Likes