Separation of Fiber and Bio-mass

Hey guys, I am new to the hemp business and always looking to expand my knowledge. I am wondering what solutions you all have found to remove the fiber from the bio-mass material? What have you found when doing it that way?

some idiot made hemp illegal.
The US hasn’t recovered from that mistake.
the machines for fiber production are only now being installed and bought into production.

most “industrial hemp” being grown in the US is not suitable for traditional fiber production, and is being grown for cannabinoids. the plant structure for fiber vs cannabinoid production are totally different.

there are some folks out there trying to tri-crop (seed, fiber, cannabinods), imo that’s a great way to suck at all three.

what are you actually trying to achieve?

2 Likes

I agree there is no reason that it should have ever been illegal.

I am honestly in the separation of bio-mass for cannabinoids. I am just wondering what struggles people have come across, I volunteer at a hemp farm currently and trying to help find solutions for fiber and bio-mass separation.

I talked to a vendor who had mills they said could automatically separate fiber from flower (in semi-ground form) and showed me the pictures. I don’t know enough about fiber business to know if that output would be useful.

We just hand strip the buds off after harvest and
cure one person can do about a hundred and fifty pounds per day

They have only one industry that has the highest level of quality in hemp fabrication. Look into hemp Brazilian Ju Jitsu Gi. These type of gi have to be made perfectly for the abuse that is given to them. Shoyoroll is the top company on manufacturing bjj gi. I would start their to trace quality production.

Sounds like hemp fiber is just not there. The market or demand.

I am guess that CBD production from the bio-mass material is the only thing that is useful at the moment.

Removing that by hand must be a slow process. I guess that depends on how many acers that you are working with though, if you are looking for solutions to automate that process.

There are old machines like this:

About $250 and can be used with an engine via transmision belt.

Another option are machines from China. For something capable of processing 8-10 tons a day you ooking to spend $35k + shipping + taxes.

2 Likes

Hey quick question for you guys, I am new to this and not sure on how to Tag a discussion or topic. Could you help me out?