Separating crystals from mother liquor idea

Whats up everyone? I came up with an idea to separate the crystals from majority of the mother liquor while you work on other things and let this drain out. It was cheao and worked out pretty good so figured id share. The crystals are from an ETOH extraction and precipitated out of ETOH also. They are called sprouting lids for jars, can get them in stainless and in different jar size. Hope they help you guys out in a bind.

3 Likes

nice! Now use a $300 desktop centrifuge to get the rest out :+1:

6 Likes

I was gonna suggest a pvc enclosure and a rope.

Swing that shit round yo head for a bit to get the job done

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

17 Likes

I still am dumbfounded how clean the crystals are every time I do it haha.

Still, nice idea for a crude separation on the cheap.

4 Likes

Watching it slip out of that and break would truly be heart breaking

2 Likes

You mean like this??? You made me actually laugh when I read that.

Edit: Steve Spangler is great, I watched him growing up. He was Denver’s Mr wizard.

2 Likes

haha i already have a centrifuge on order.

got one on the way!!

Well I’m scared now to post my ideas knowing ho under educated I am for this forum lol. But still Here’s my idea …

A cheap centrifuge.
Take an 18" desk fan.
Remove all safety guards and place it on its side, blades parallel to the floor.
Mark the center of each blade at its edge, drill a small, 5mm hole, 10mm in from the edge on the center line.
Attach string through the holes and to your sample pots at equal distances.
Turn the fan on.
Retreat to the kitchen and make some coffee and allow the fan to do its work.

If this does not produce enough centrifugal force I have also thought about using one of these with the same principle.
Portability also being a great factor.

5 Likes

*I like this… especially with the intrinsically safe spark plug! *
would be a cool flame spinning around though!

6 Likes

You must keep the engine in the fume hood ! :rofl:
edit : on its own

6 Likes

perfect!!!

3 Likes

If u somehow got the things attached to the string dangling in mid air instead of starting on the ground clanking together, this might be an awesome idea!

2 Likes

Couldn’t you just say tape the tubes to the blades if you were gonna do something like that?

1 Like

Its got to be hanging baskets really. Taping tubes to blades just isn’t professional enough :rofl:

4 Likes

9 Likes