Separate stems from littles for commercial prerolls

Sooo. Anybody have a nifty trick to separate detached stems from littles we sort/sift for prerolls?

Tried a variety of screening options, but an awful lot of stems get through.

Get creative ya’ll!

1 Like

If you get it figured out, lmk. I thought those were just par for the preroll course.

1 Like

Gravity separation sorts by density. I have a rubbermaid plastic box that is about 18" x 30" or so, exact size doesnt matter, just that it is rectangular. Mine is about 8" deep. You can mimic the action of a sorting machine by bouncing a handful of material in the far end of the box. Angle it from side to side as you bounce. The most dense material will roll to the bottom of the box.

3 Likes

Get a cheap apple slicer and run the stems thru it.

Edit: I read that wrong, thought u were trying to get material off big stems

1 Like

Ha. Well thanks anyways. Useful for your purpose thoigg

1 Like

Try freezing the material on dry ice and using gloves to break everything down to a powder. It should be easy to not crush the stems if you do this by hand.

Take the powder and combine with normal ground up nugs to make the particle size less fine and a better burn

might be able to adapt one of these to pull the heavier bits of stem out of the shake

2 Likes

The futurolla grinding machine thingie has a sorter that takes care of that

1 Like

That’ll work for crude stem/seed separation in my experience but I never got it dialed in to the point of not still needing to comb through.

4 Likes

I made a zig zag like that before I bought a clipper. I dont use it any more, though. I am faster with the rubbermaid box. The zig zag is really best at getting the last bit of leaf dust out of seeds.

1 Like