Send my Nephew to DC - Free Consulting or Cuttings. <3

Hello Future Family!

My nephew wants to go to a summer program in DC that is out of reach for our family. I have offered to take him with me on my lobbying adventures, but apparently it would be best if he goes with peers his own age and has appropriate minders, not well… his crazy auntie. Haha. No really, probably they would let me take him but this program is designed for kiddo success.

In any case - he got nominated by his private school teacher. My sister struggles to keep him in there but he’s smart and was super bored in public school so they scraping it together to keep him in the big boy uniform wearing school with all the special programs and things. They just downsized their house so they can continue to afford keeping him in this school so he can have access to programs like this. :smiley:

Right, o! He’s just taken 3rd place in his first science Olympiads. He wants to learn more about how to organize kids and adults in his community to work on sustainability - he’s already done a local neighborhood recycling program and he’s bound to learn more! He’s started a fundraiser on gofundme.

Throw down on this and I’ll legit give you 1 hour of free GMP consulting advice. Or if in Michigan, one fancy Aloha Unicorn (Thug Pug, Hawaiian Punch x Unicorn Breath) cutting or one fancy Jelly Donutz (Humboldt Seeds - Hella Jelly x White Runtz) cutting. :smiley: All cuttings are from my own personal phenohunting. Aloha is fruity with a very dank finish straight to the couch. Jelly Donutz, lets you play video games all afternoon without remembering to mow the lawn (no really it happened to me!).

Check it out and feel free to send this kiddo some love. I know I have. <3

8 Likes

Donated. I went to DC when I was little with my sister after she won a contest. It was a formative experience. I wish I was in Michigan, one over unfortunately, because I love video game high… Both cuts sound delicious :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Still never been to DC other than driving through. Donated!

3 Likes

Wow. Thanks @WakeNBakery and @NewLevelProcess

I’m hopeful this will be a formative experience for him. Sounds like you might be close enough to Michigan. DM me. :slight_smile:

I go to DC a lot now for my work. And it still surprises me with its grandeur hidden within its poverty. Such a juxtaposition of our nation I suppose.

I’m always encouraging people to get into activism. Even the small one. Seeing him actually interested warms my heart! <3

3 Likes

Wow guys.

Looks like we’ve raised almost 25% of what he needs to go in just 3 days.

Feel free to share this with others. Thank you all so much for reading the post, for clicking on the link, for donating. <3

I’d love to hear more stories from people who had inspiring DC experiences in their youth. I did not go to DC until I was in my 20s. It still wows me today. Haha!

2 Likes

donated…and I’ve already gotten plenty of payback from our interactions.

eg next weeks required reading, which was also a family affair, I hear

:wink:

2 Likes

Hi all.

It was brought to my attention today that some people might like to donate but are not interested in using GoFundMe.

It that happens to include you - feel free to DM me about it. I’m sure we can figure something out. I’ll be at some public events in the coming weeks/months - so even a bag of change will make its way to my nephew. <3

Thank you to all that have donated so far. He’s pretty awesome and recently did a thank you video. And he’s preparing for his next presentation for Science Olympiads - he’s currently building a ball launching machine and I got to help with the physics and some ideas on how to use baffles, valve, and pipe sizes to control trajectory using air puffs! Love him. <3

2 Likes